It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leopard Terminal command with Tabs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:07 am 
Preferences > General > Terminal Command:

This is the default GNS3 setting:
/usr/bin/osascript -e 'tell application "terminal" to do script with command "telnet %h %p ; exit"'

This is the setting I use in my Dynagen .ini file which works with Dynagen Leopard's Terminal tabs:
# Uncomment below on OS X with Terminal with named tabs (requires Leopard)
/usr/bin/osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to tell process "Terminal" to keystroke "t" using command down' -e 'tell application "Terminal" to do script with command "telnet %h %p ; exit" in last tab of first window' -e 'tell application "Terminal" to tell window 1 to set custom title to "%d"'

Using the Dynagen .ini tabbed Terminal script in GNS3 has worked a very few times for me but usually GNS3 simply sends the command to the currently selected tab in Terminal instead of creating a new tab.

Does anyone have a modified tabbed Terminal script which works around this problem I've mentioned or does GNS3 not work well with the multiple AppleScript commands in this terminal tab script?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Leopard Terminal command with Tabs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm 
iTerm works very well for this.

Here's the command:
Code:
/usr/bin/osascript -e 'tell app "iTerm"' -e 'activate' -e 'set myterm to the first terminal' -e 'tell myterm' -e 'set mysession to (make new session at the end of sessions)' -e 'tell mysession' -e 'exec command "telnet %h %p"' -e 'set name to "%d"' -e 'end tell' -e 'end tell' -e 'end tell'

Post subject: Re: Leopard Terminal command with Tabs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 pm 

Hi,

Your other option is to simply go to the terminal menu option and select under view, merge all windows and magically they all appear as tabs in a single window.

Also, you know you can drag and drop them into each other's windows...and drag them out?

Cheers.