It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Swtcih configuation problem, unable to start the VM instance
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:31 am 

Hi Everybody,

I am newer, I have been trying to configure Cisco Ethernet Switch so i can practice the VLAN. but after configuring,i clicked on start button it is showing "unable to start the VM instance". If i connect two switch with Ethernet Swtcih Router and clicked start button. It is showing[u] "R3: error from server 127.0.0.1:7201: 209-unable to start VM instance 'R3'" . I have checked working Directory. It is gns3. I have changed the image directory in spite of these it does not work. Please suggest me I have booked the exam. i can not practice. My OS is Windows 7 and firewall is off.

Thanks

Attachments:
Swtiching issue.jpg
Swtiching issue.jpg [ 213.2 KiB | Viewed 6734 times ]
GNS3 con.jpg
GNS3 con.jpg [ 291.33 KiB | Viewed 6734 times ]

Post subject: Re: Swtcih configuation problem, unable to start the VM inst
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:08 am 

Thanks so much for adding the screen dumps.

You have to associate a Cisco 3725 image with the Cisco Ethernet Switch - in fact it is not really a switch at all, just the router that most closely functions as a switch using the MIPS processor (which is all GNS3/dynamips can emulate)

So from your picture, I can see that all of the images you have added are mismatched - your c2960-lanbase......bin image is useless - so too is your c3750......bin, your c3550..........bin your c2600 and your c3750-adv......bin

None of the images you have is a MIPS based image.

Read http://www.gns3.net/hardware-emulated/ to see which router models are supported, and make suer you ONLY use images that suit these models

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 am 

Thanks for replying, I will checked it tomorrow. Could you tell me which model should i take to practice the VLAN and where i should get the image.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 am 

I wish I had an easy answer to "where i should get the image"

There is no "official" way to get an image! However, Cisco could destroy the GNS3 project if WE started giving images away.

On the other hand, they have ALMOST officially said that they won't take any action against anyone using Cisco images with dynamips/GNS3 for study purposes.

So good luck finding an image! I'd suggest that you use an image like c3725-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-25b.bin for a switch with VLANs

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs