It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: [PATCHs] Some Dynagen and GNS3 patchs.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm 

Hi!. Sorry for my bad english. I wrote a few patches for GNS3 v0.8.3.1 and Dynagen v0.13.1.20111031 (included in GNS3). This patchs has been only tested in Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

Personally, I don't use regularly GNS3 but known many people with use them. I use frequently Dynagen with Screen in a Linux server remotely via SSH. Because of this, all patchs are designed to improve the use of Dynagen in console mode and inside GNS3.

console.py (for Dynagen): modify the progress bar in console and hide it in GNS3 because the text in the editbox can't be flushed frecuently and the text appears at the end of the last command. In start command, also start the non routers devices (qemuwrapper and vboxwrapper). Some minor changes to fit all text in a 80x25 terminal. This is a screencap: http://bayimg.com/CAfbCAAEj

Console.py (for GNS3, capitalized): in start command, also start all non routers devices (qemuwrapper and vboxwrapper).

dynagen.py (for Dynagen): modify the telnetstring and startdelay variables to put them into the dynagen class.

dynamips_lib.py (for Dynagen): modify the name of the ghost file: remove the ':', '\' and the '/' chars in the pathname. This is useful in a multiserver environment when the Dynagen run in a Linux box and the Dynamips Hypervisor run in a MS Windows box.

qemuwrapper.py (for Dynagen): modify the Popen call: when Popen is called with a string (qemu_cmd), Popen start a shell and the shell call the command (for example: pemu). Popen return the pid of the shell, not the pid of pemu. With this, the stop command not work because kill the shell process (defunct) and the pemu process still running.

Form_MainWindow.ui and Form_MainWindow.py-PATCH (for GNS3): change the font of the Dynagen console (edittext) to DejaVu Sans Mono (monospace). The monospace font is more readable than the variable font. Screencap before http://bayimg.com/CafBeaAEj and after http://bayimg.com/CaFbFaAej

Thanks to all!

EDITED: Please, see below for corrected dynagen-patchs-all-in-one.patch.txt

Last edited by miguelo on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [PATCHs] Some Dynagen and GNS3 patchs.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm 

EDITED: Please, see below for corrected dynagen-patchs-all-in-one.patch.txt

Last edited by miguelo on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your patches, I will review them and if everything is ok integrate them for the next GNS3 release.

Thanks again for your contribution :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 am 

Looking forward to monospaced fonts in the GNS3 Console window. Now if we could just select and copy lines from the Console window (instead of only being able to do "select all", ...

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:48 pm 

Hi,

When I have applied your patch "qemuwrapper.py-PATCH.txt", Qemu guest fail to start.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:04 am 

Raizo62, sorry for the delay. I have corrected some patchs. Please, apply the dynagen-patchs-all-in-one.patch.txt in a fresh install of GNS3 v0.8.3.1.

grossmj, please discard the five patch of the above, this correction is more simple.

I have tested this with:
  • Ubuntu 12.04
  • Qemu v1.2.0
  • VirtualBox v4.1.22
  • Dynamips v0.2.8-RC3-x86/Linux stable
  • Pemu v2008-03-03

I don't know how to test this with ASA, JunOs or IDS.

Thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: All patchs of the above with some bugs corrections and improvements.
dynagen-patchs-all-in-one.patch.txt [17.29 KiB]
Downloaded 209 times