It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GNS3 and VMware
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm 

Need a little insight.

My topology consist of (3) 7200 series routers all connected together via a serial connection. 2 of the routers have a fa0/0 connected to a GNS3 cloud where that in turn runs my team of 2 virtual PC's (VMware) separately connected...2 different subnets. when connecting the 2 PC's to the GNS3 routers I chose VMnet1 and Vmnet8 and changed VMnet8 to Host only so I could implement a static ip address on both VM PC's. Everything turned out great. I had connection to the two routers. I configured EIGRP on all three routers within the GNS3 topology to populate my routing tables. The problem is there is no connection between the two PC's. every time I try to ping the opposite subnet I get a failure code 1231. The routers can ping the interface just before the PC but icmp will go no further. any Idea's?

Post subject: Re: GNS3 and VMware
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 am 

I realize this topic has been out here for awhile (I've been away for a little bit myself). Have you figured this out? If not, ensure you've done the following things:

1) Re-verify loopback adapter configuration
2) Make sure you've assigned ip addresses for your pc's to the same subnet as GNS3 hardware

Jay

Post subject: Re: GNS3 and VMware
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:20 am 

Since we're reviving old threads ;) I think this sounds like either a VMware setting, or an incorrect EIGRP setting, most likely VMware.

If you are still looking for help then I suggest you change your VMware network settings. Try NAT or Bridged mode. One of the VMWare settings doesn't work very well in Windows, I don't know specifically which one, IIRC the symptom is unidirectional connections like you are describing. Make sure all firewalls are turned off or allowing these connections, including windows firewall.

If not, can you share an output from your GNS3 routers routing table and also your EIGRP configs?