It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thank you GNS3 and Team
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 am 

The first time I heard about GNS3 was when I joined university in the networking department, it was in the second year when our dr. was tired of seeing Pack Tracer, he shouted: “WHY THE HELL YOU STILL USE THIS RUBBISH?”. I wasn’t informed or even imaged that I will be able to find a software that runs Cisco IOS images and allow me to do everything I do on a Cisco router. That was a huge difference in my life.

Until that moment back in 2008 and until this day of writing this post. I am still using GNS3. I even got myself a new Dell laptop with a better processor, 8GB RAM just to be comfortable and invest in time, more learning that tweaking my resources.
On my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhdbadi/8695178049/in/photostream/

Thank you Team GNS3, Thank you GNS3 for everything you’ve made available for free. You really have no idea how much money, time, effort you saved people especially students like me who can’t afford buying a router or/and a firewall.

Mainly:
1. Thank you so much for helping me graduate.
2. Thank you so much for helping me pass CCNA.
3. Thank you so much for helping me study for CCNA Security.
4. Thank you so much for making me love networks/security more and more.

I am giving a donation by the end of this week.
Thank you Team GNS3, GNS3, community members, and everyone who spent a minute improving this magical software.

But please, there are some critical bugs that need to be addresses in the next release. Like the issue of lost config! this one is frustrating.

Thank so much.
Badi Irshid
Email: mbadi [@] me [.] com

Post subject: Re: Thank you GNS3 and Team
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 pm 

Badi,

As a forum moderator and active participant, I say thank you. For my part, it is for the folk like you who appreciate the efforts of others AND do something with it (CCNA etc) that make it all worthwhile.

CW

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

Post subject: Re: Thank you GNS3 and Team
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm 

rednectar wrote:
Badi,

As a forum moderator and active participant, I say thank you. For my part, it is for the folk like you who appreciate the efforts of others AND do something with it (CCNA etc) that make it all worthwhile.

CW

That's the least I can do. I've made a small humble donation but I will keep donating whenever I can.

Those who don't appreciate the work you are doing guys do not deserve it.