It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bad .rcc symbol library file
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 pm 

Hi,

following the instructions I used Inkscape and rcc.exe to create my own symbol library.
Please check the files I attached.
There are the initial jpg image, the converted svg, the qrc file and the final rcc.

When I try to use the library cannot see any image, just the name of it.... see the import.bmp attached.

What am I doing wrong?

Tank you all!

Attachments:
GNS3.rar [62.17 KiB]
Downloaded 305 times

Post subject: Re: Bad .rcc symbol library file
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:27 pm 

...GNS3 I am using is 0.8.3

rcc version is 4.0.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 pm 

Hello,

nobody out there? :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:14 pm 

Hi,

First time here. Ran into your post looking for answers myself. I looked at your files. The only thing I can see that could be a problem is that your image is larger than what the documents state should be (70 x 70) pixels. The metadata of your file is width="148" height="164". Do not know how the app re-acts to that.

I just started today and took me sometime to get some of it to work. I am trying to convert Visio Icons. To get it to work I found I could not directly paste it to InkScape. I try DrawPlus Start Edition but it did not save the SVG file in the proper format. I then decide to paste the image from DrawPlus into InkScape and save it from there. That then work for me. Too many steps but kept the quality of the image that I wanted including the colors. InkScape has a page setting for icon_64x64 which is what I chose for my image and resized into that size. Holding the ctrl key when resizing to keep it proportional.

What I was looking for is how does one tell it which image to use when it comes to (Normal and Selected). In the symbols library site (http://code.gns3.net/gns3-artwork/file/ ... 9e/symbols) for the default symbols he has two files for the symbols. One with the .normal.svg extension and the other with .selected.svg extension. Makes me then wonder what is then the correct format of the qrc file? I would think it is there that one would have to specify it.

Hope the above helps you out and if you have any suggestions to my question I will appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Carlos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Angelo,

You may find some info in an old GNS3 documentation, http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gns-3/ ... f?download

However, if you are patient the versions starting from GNS3 1.x will probably make it way easier to use custom symbols for your devices.

Cheers,