It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Alpha 2 DMVPN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 pm 

I may have found a bug, but when building an enterprise topology with MPLS and DMVPN, I found that my DMVPN routers tend to crash after running for 5 to 10 mins.

I know I have a lot of devices on there but even if I pull out just the DMVPN part I get the same problem. It appears the spi's cfrom the IPsec tunnels still send info even if the remote or hub routers crash. Its kind of a chain reaction, when one crashes, all the routers running DMVPN crash.

Anyone else seen this issue as well?

If anyone needs me to provide configs or logs for details, just let me know...Im not great with all the programm-y stuff but I can route/switch pretty decent.

Attachments:
Topology Cap.JPG
Topology Cap.JPG [ 311.57 KiB | Viewed 3940 times ]

Post subject: Re: Alpha 2 DMVPN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

This may be an issue with the IOU version you use. I would try to give more memory to each IOU device to see how it works.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:50 am 

When I run DMVPN between just two IOU routers with no traffic between them, the CPU goes to 100% and just stays there , anyone else notice this?

will try using a diff version.

currently ...
i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.2.4M1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 am 

I increased the memory to 512 on all the routers running DMVPN and still had the issue. I am running i86bi_linux-adventerprisek9-ms-12.4.bin on these routers but tried other versions as well. I noticed that they crash when a dynamic tunnel goes down after timing out, or a hub router is turned off. The IOS gives SPI errors indicating some traffic is expected or is still being received when it is not expect, not sure which. I will post more with some log outputs later.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:31 am 

I just tested again. First I brought up a dynamic spoke to spoke tunnel via ping and confirmed the tunnel went up, then waited for the idle timeout to expire and tear it down, and age out the nhrp entry, and all the routers involved just stopped in GNS3. Then I fired them all up again (had to stop them all, first) and let them converge....then I issued the "clear crypto sa" command and it immediately crashed the router. Can anyone else replicate this?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:10 am 

gungnir77 wrote:
I just tested again. First I brought up a dynamic spoke to spoke tunnel via ping and confirmed the tunnel went up, then waited for the idle timeout to expire and tear it down, and age out the nhrp entry, and all the routers involved just stopped in GNS3. Then I fired them all up again (had to stop them all, first) and let them converge....then I issued the "clear crypto sa" command and it immediately crashed the router. Can anyone else replicate this?

I haven't tried this exactly, but even in Beta with the same 15 image you have, one router crashes as soon as the GRE over IPSEC tunnel occurs the other one stays up but seems to think the tunnel is alive. Very random. I wonder if its because we're all using experimental IOU.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:57 pm 

Hi all,

I've had no problems running a complex DMVPN topology with i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.4.1T.bin

no problems at all.

regards

warren