It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GNS3 0.6.1 on OS X and dynamips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 pm 
Since there doesn't appear to be a 0.6.1 version for OS X yet, I used the following:

http://ciscofun.wordpress.com/2009/07/1 ... -mac-os-x/

.. to get 0.6.1 on my MBP under OS X. I used the MacPorts packages to get the dependencies in place including dynamips. I installed the 0.2.8-RC2 version.

My question is how do I get gns3 to see the dynamips binary. Running the gns3 python script brings up the GNS3 GUI fine (using the MacPorts python that is). When I bring in an existing configuration, it fails with a popup window saying "Can't start Dynamips on port 7200".

My assumption is because it can't find the dynamips binary. Looking to see if my assumption is correct and how to fix.

Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.6.1 on OS X and dynamips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:44 pm 
I figured out the problem. My problem was I had installed the GNS3 0.5 .dmg package a while back. Once I found out that GNS 0.6.1 didn’t require compiling I deleted 0.5 and went about getting 0.6.1 installed based on the directions URL I referenced above but using MacPorts for the dependencies.

My ooppss was forgetting my gns3 preferences were still intact from when 0.5 was installed. So 0.6.1 was starting up looking for dynamips in the old location which was deleted. I had to tweak the preferences file for the variables:

hypervisor_path
pemuwrapper_path

Just for the hell of it I also tweaked the console variable as I like iTerm better then Terminal. My console variable now looks like this:

console=/usr/bin/osascript -e ‘tell application \”iTerm\”‘ -e ‘activate’ -e ’set myterm to (make new terminal)’ -e ‘tell myterm’ -e ’set mysession to (make new session at the end of sessions)’ -e ‘tell mysession’ -e ’set name to \”Router %p\”‘ -e ‘exec command \”/bin/bash\”‘ -e ‘write text \”telnet %h %p\”‘ -e ‘end tell’ -e ‘end tell’ -e ‘end tell’