It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Errors when Unpacking IOS bins.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:58 am 
Hello:

I've been attempting to unpack the IOS for 1700 & 2600 routers and have not been able to get the bin files to unpack.

I get one of the following errors: "Access is denied" or "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

There are no other processes. I have closed out every application and the net, checked my task manager--nothing, other than the command prompt is running. I have moved the Unpack folder from the C:\ drive to an external drive (J:\) and still get the same results. The bin files were placed in the Unpack folder.

I've deleted the Unpack file and unzipped again and again. Nothing but same error messages.

I have followed the instructions in the readme.txt file and still the same error. I have scoured the net and tried what was suggested, which is much of the same and still get the same errors. I tried to unpack w/out the .bin file ext--access is denied--I've tried changing the file names--the process cannot access...blah blah...

I watched a Youtube video posted in another thread here, did what was shown and still got the message: "The process cannot access..."

Here's how I entered the info for one of the bins.

C:\> Unpack>unpack.exe --format ISO c1700-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25d.bin
The response: The process cannot access....

J:\> Unpack>unpack.exe --format ISO c1700-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25d
The response: The process cannot access...

I tried it w/the unzip.exe in lieu of unpack.exe and got Access is denied.

I dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I'm frustrated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DavidC

Post subject: Re: Errors when Unpacking IOS bins.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:09 am 

Something has those files locked and it's going to be the operating system. I would try rebooting your computer and then try to unpack. Note that the unpack tool from GNS3.net is different than winzip or others like it and will not be interchangeable. That was a decent troubleshooting step though because it confirmed it's not just unpack.exe that is having access problems.

-I assume your .bin file is in the same directory as unpack.exe
-I assume you have write permissions the that directory

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:09 pm 

I am running into this same issue. Even when I change directory in the command prompt to the exact path that the BIN folders reside in. "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have tried reboots, removing that folder from the IOS path in GNS3, uninstalling GNS3. Nothing resolves the issue. I am listed as Administrator on the machine and have full rights. Not sure what is causing the issue.

I have a couple BINs already unpacked that my boss shared with me, but I would really like to get into testing with the other BIN IOS files I have.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:22 pm 

Is there any update to solve this problem? I have downloaded the ASA image from cisco, installed the cisco unpacker. and get this error:

C:\unpack>unpack.exe --format ASA8 asa842-k8.bin
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

C:\

This is very annoying. I have ran CMD as admin, rebooted, made sure the unpacker and ASA file are on C:\. Same issues, anyone got anything?

Even tried WinRAR, WinZIP