It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ASA & Vbox simultaneous run causes Kernel dump
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:04 pm 

Sorry if the topic was a little off, here is the setup:
A simple lab, R1, connects ASA1 and ASA2, W7pc connects to ASA1, Windows 2003 Server connects to ASA2.

Hardware/System specifics:
Specifics: Lenovo PC with 8GB RAM, i7 quad core processor, OS Debian Wheezy Linux, GNS3 v.0.8.6, ASA 8.4.2, routers are 3660.

Issue:
I can start R1, ASA1, ASA2, with no issues, I can CLI to both ASA's. The only configs I have are IP addressing between devices. Every time I start either of the Windows boxes, w/Virtual Box, I have a Kernel dump. If I start either or both of the windows boxes before I start the ASA then I am unable to console to the ASA, error message 'connection refused'. I am also unable to connect to the ASA from R1, and unable to ping any interface on the ASA (yes I have changed the priv level to 100 for all interfaces for testing). If I run this test without the ASA's, using just routers, switches, and windows boxes everything works fine. In fact I have had as many as 7 routers, 4 windows PCs, 1 windows server, and 2 Linux boxes without any problems. Everything goes to he11 when I start the ASA's and windows boxes at the same time and I really need to be working on my firewalls skill set.

so...please help if you have any idea what the heck is going on.