It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ping host successfully but unable to ping the guest machine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:57 am 

Hi,

I get that the title is quite unclear so let me discuss as detailed as possible my setup.

*My host machine runs using Windows 7 OS
*and I have a guest machine (VirtualBox) and it is running on windows 7 platform as well.
*I installed GNS3 in my guest machine.
*Attached shows how my topology looks like.. the topology is as simple as this.. hub is connected to a cloud and that same hub is connected to a router.
* Now, when I assign an IP to my router and try to ping the host machine, the ping is successful however when I ping the guest machine im getting Request Timed out.
*I looked for a solution to this and found this topic3021.html
* That post stated that by simply disabling IPv4 Checksum Offload, TCP Checksum Offload(IPv4) and UDP Checksum Offload(IPv4) (found here Network and Shariong Center > Local Area Connection > Properties > Configure >Advanced ) everything will be running perfectly.
* So when I disabled those 3 this is what happened, Yes, I can ping guest host successfully but failed to ping the host.

The question is, what do I need to do or changes that I need to make so that I'll be able to ping both the host and guest successfully?

Thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: Topology : Ethernet Hub is connected to a cloud and that same hub is connected to a router
topology.PNG
topology.PNG [ 15.16 KiB | Viewed 1765 times ]