It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Getting error about "increasing ghostsize", whatever that is
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 am 

Long story short, I make a 3745 IP device, using c3745-ipvoicek9-mz.124-9.T.bin (unpacked, of course), and I set up a TFTP server with cme-full-7.1.0.0.tar on it.

After following brezular's advice in this thread, I ran the following command:

R1# archive tar /xtract tftp://10.10.10.27/cme-full-7.0.0.1.tar flash:

And it worked great for about 15-20 minutes, then I suddenly get an error about space, and the transfer aborted. I started a blank topology, and only put that one 3745 in there. I started it, and when I opened the console, it stays blank, and at the bottom of the windows it says:

=> *** Warning: ghostsize is to small for device R1. Increase it with the ghostsize option.
Cannot start router R1: lost communication with server 127.0.0.1:7200

How do I fix this? I'm attempting to that c3745 a CME, so I an pratice voip with the IPBLue Multilab softphones I d/l'd. Cisco Packet Tracer severely limits what you an do Voip wise. The phones always stall at "searhing for CME:

If I can pull this off we can all pratice Voip now! :D

Post subject: Re: Getting error about "increasing ghostsize", whatever tha
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
*** Warning: ghostsize is to small for device R1. Increase it with the ghostsize option.

This error usually appears if you change the RAM value of already created routers. Set the RAM value you want in the IOS images and hypervisor window and not after you have dropped your routers on the scene.

Hope this solves your issue.

Post subject: Re: Getting error about "increasing ghostsize", whatever tha
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 am 

grossmj wrote:
Quote:
*** Warning: ghostsize is to small for device R1. Increase it with the ghostsize option.

This error usually appears if you change the RAM value of already created routers. Set the RAM value you want in the IOS images and hypervisor window and not after you have dropped your routers on the scene.

Hope this solves your issue.

increasing the hypervisor memory size like you suggested fixed the ghostsize errors, but then I started getting "out of space" errors on the C3745 I was installing CME-FULL-7.1.0.0.tar to, until I increased the memory sizes in the router itself. I tried increasing ram, NVRAM, and PCMCIA sizes to no avail, but I think doubling the "exec area" size is what finally fixed that problem, and now it's all installed and happy.

One thing I have noticed, if if you increase the RAM size on the router too much, when you try to console into it, you get half a message about Dynamips and are told to hit "enter", but it just hangs.

OH, and BTW, you MUST follow brazular's advice about formating, erasing, and reformatting the flash. The CME install throws tons of errors if you don't.