It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: CCIE lab limitations.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 am 

I've been using Alpha since the day it was released and so far it's great. I do however have a general sort of question.

Will it be possible to actually do full cciev5 labs in gns3? I understand that gns3 relies on the IOU images that are out there. It seems that with all of the limitations, specifically in the switching department, it's going to be hard to do the full blueprint.

Since cisco has said that the new labs will all be virtual that means that there either must be better IOU images out there that just have not surfaced or that they are using something else.

I'm a couple of weeks from my ccnp switch and have already had issues studying for some of the l2 stuff that is part of that test, luckily I have real equip.

I'm mostly just curious if there is a plan for this or will gns3 always be hindered, sorry couldn't think of a better word, by having to wait for leaked IOU images?

Thanks
Bruce

(As sort of a sub question if anyone feels like answering it, what makes pvlan, hsrp, and all that any more difficult to implement than say bgp? )

Post subject: Re: CCIE lab limitations.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Will it be possible to actually do full cciev5 labs in gns3? I understand that gns3 relies on the IOU images that are out there. It seems that with all of the limitations, specifically in the switching department, it's going to be hard to do the full blueprint.

I think it is possible to do full CCIE v5 (I haven't tested myself) or at least most of it, if you look at the CCIE v5 blueprint you will see that Cisco didn't include topics impossible to do with IOU like Catalyst QoS etc.

Quote:
Since cisco has said that the new labs will all be virtual that means that there either must be better IOU images out there that just have not surfaced or that they are using something else.

I agree on this, they may have better IOU images that haven't surfaced yet or they will use Solaris one known to be less buggy. I think it should be possible to get that info because people have started going to CCIEv5 labs.

Quote:
I'm mostly just curious if there is a plan for this or will gns3 always be hindered, sorry couldn't think of a better word, by having to wait for leaked IOU images?

Sorry, we have no plans, we are fully depending on Cisco or leaked IOU images here.