It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Linux VM for IOL/IOU support on Windows
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:25 am 

The VM has been updated with the specs from May 3, 2014. The Linux binaries were updated as of May 9, 2014. Tested in Virtualbox only, but it will need to be repackaged in VmWare for next release anyway:

obsolete

Last edited by revs on Mon May 26, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks a lot I am gonna use this for the next release.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:56 pm 

The VM has been updated with the specs from May 25, 2014. The Linux binaries were updated as of May 26, 2014. Tested in Virtualbox only, :

http://bit.ly/1jRxony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:20 am 

Is it possible to install it in Vagrant
more info http://www.vagrantup.com/
thx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:16 pm 

I just download the OVA file this week and with a little fumbling about with the damn iourc file I finally got it working on Win7 VMware Workstation 10.0.2! Thanks to you ALL for your efforts on this.

Oh, I should note that I don't care if the VM is 250MB, 500MB, or 4GB. I do agree that we should put unneeded stuff in the VM, however, not having simple things such as ping, traceroute, etc. makes for painful troubleshooting if things are not going as planned during setup/deployment. (I'm just an end user of GNS3/IOL and am not a developer so what the hell do I know.)

I should also note that doing an "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" broke the desired functionality (as of 20140609). Thank god for snapshots!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 am 

Release of IOU web "as - is" without warranty of any kind. Other materials, not included in IOU web under the Cisco NDA or Cisco IOU / IOL binary. It is not responsible for what the IOU web software.
It also does not own, or have access to other material under topology, initial CONFIGS, of IOU / IOL binary CCIE test NDA or was copyrighted from other vendors and CISCO.
I will release the IOU web interface for people to allow the use of Cisco IOU / intraocular lens. Please do not use the IOU web and if Cisco IOU / IOL you are not allowed. I do not own the other materials under the Cisco NDA or Cisco IOU / IOL binaries is not an employee of Cisco.
Because it does not require
In unix of Cisco IOS, is also known as the Cisco borrowing, they were compiled in Solaris Sparc station for IOS. IOU will only use the internal release of Cisco. There is a IOS to compile for Linux x86 platform of Linux, also known as a Cisco IOL of Cisco IOS, again, I will only use the internal release of Cisco. Cisco IOU IOU which is sometimes referred to as Cisco IOL You are the most famous. I called the Linux version IOU IOL, the IOU in this document.
You need to emulate the hardware of the entire platform of GNS3 more than you can run native IOS on x86 the IOU. The main difference is you can run an instance of IOS many Yoriyori IOU GNS3, but you can run a version of IOS on GNS3 true.
Cisco IOU Web interface is a kind of experiment you wrote. Create the purpose of the Web interface of me, is the management of the Institute of Cisco IOU on the server by web browser.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:13 pm 

jishnu wrote:
Release of IOU web "as - is" without warranty of any kind. Other materials, not included in IOU web under the Cisco NDA or Cisco IOU / IOL binary. It is not responsible for what the IOU web software.
It also does not own, or have access to other material under topology, initial CONFIGS, of IOU / IOL binary CCIE test NDA or was copyrighted from other vendors and CISCO.
I will release the IOU web interface for people to allow the use of Cisco IOU / intraocular lens. Please do not use the IOU web and if Cisco IOU / IOL you are not allowed. I do not own the other materials under the Cisco NDA or Cisco IOU / IOL binaries is not an employee of Cisco.
Because it does not require
In unix of Cisco IOS, is also known as the Cisco borrowing, they were compiled in Solaris Sparc station for IOS. IOU will only use the internal release of Cisco. There is a IOS to compile for Linux x86 platform of Linux, also known as a Cisco IOL of Cisco IOS, again, I will only use the internal release of Cisco. Cisco IOU IOU which is sometimes referred to as Cisco IOL You are the most famous. I called the Linux version IOU IOL, the IOU in this document.
You need to emulate the hardware of the entire platform of GNS3 more than you can run native IOS on x86 the IOU. The main difference is you can run an instance of IOS many Yoriyori IOU GNS3, but you can run a version of IOS on GNS3 true.
Cisco IOU Web interface is a kind of experiment you wrote. Create the purpose of the Web interface of me, is the management of the Institute of Cisco IOU on the server by web browser.

Um, okay... and what does this have to do with adding ping/traceroute (last I checked those aren't Cisco proprietary) to the Linux VM?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 pm 

How about instead of including a full blown VM in the all in one, you include Packer, along with a template that would install and do everything needed for IOU upon GNS3's installation.

This will allow the IOU VM to potentially have a full blown GUI and everything, while only increasing GNS3's installer size by ~100 MBs.

It might potentially also allow user Packer templates to be stored in a project's folder, making it easier to share a topology - right now, sharing the project folder alone is not sufficient if you don't also get the VMs in addition to that, and register them "manually" prior to opening the project. Imagine if instead, upon opening a topology, if you don't have a VM named in a particular way, a packer template (defined previously in GNS3; stored in the project folder) will be invoked, and you'll have a base VM ready to go after a few minutes.

EDIT: Oh, crap... This topic was longer than I thought (I don't know how I missed the additional pages...) and I see someone has already suggested using Vagrant to make IOU. Well, Packer is just a way to prepare a VM that could eventually be provisioned by Vagrant, though for the purposes of GNS3, Packer alone is sufficient.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6