It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Inter-VLAN Routing using Catalyst Switch
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:53 pm 

I hope everyone is doing well and is stomping out all of certification exams 1-by-1. As for me, I’m moving slow, but with great momentum – if that even makes sense. I haven’t posted in a long long while, but since then all you need to know is I failed my SWITCH exam on my first attempt this past September :( Boooo! But it’s OK and now I know exactly what I need to work on to ace it next time!

So this lab below is fairly easy, not much involved. In fact you could consider it an advanced CCNA switching lab. Call it what you like, but similar questions, labs and scenarios came up on the SWITCH exam.

Why am I posting it? Simple – as always to share labs! This is the first lab I’ve taken the time to save and compile with tasks and solutions in a long time. So I’m starting out with what is more or less the basic labs and hopefully I can keep that going with the more advanced labs as I complete them.

The lab below is a hybrid of GNS3 and real switches in my lab. I was able to scoop up some 3560 and 2960 switches which are perfect for my studies. Haven’t really looked at any routers cause I’m not doing TSHOOT labs yet. Either way, I believe that the same way I’m linking routers from GNS3 onto my hardware switches is actually enough for the TSHOOT as well. I do this using some USB to ethernet plugs from Rocketfishand these things are awesome! They also support dot1q encapsulation! I’ve been able to do massive labs with these things. For hosts I use VPCS – It’s something I’m just very use to and comfortable with using right now.