It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Missing features from v1.0 BETA3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:19 pm 

Needed features:
-need ability click to raise/focus window, if no console selected (desktop VM) (like in v0.8.x)
-need toolbar button to focus on VirtualBox Manager (like in v0.8.x)
-installer issues (fresh install, +upgrade from v0.8.x) on Win7 x64. (like in v0.8.x) -- I had problems with Wireshark download and other tools (traffic analyzer).

maybe:
-would be nice to re-add support for VBox 4.1.x (like in v0.8.x) -- Maybe I can look into it. (I still use v4.1.x on several machines due to stability)
-PIX went Missing-in-Action (I don't use it, but maybe others do... needs community survey) -- requires PEMU.
-When saving a project -- save a VBox VM snapshot. (optionally) (so restoring a project will restore snapshot also)
(NOTE: those VM snapshots will be stored as part of VBox, not portable to other hosts. For cross-host portability, we will need to actually export VBox VM appliances as OVA - Open Virtualization Format), just an idea for now.

Post subject: Re: Missing features from v1.0 BETA3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:56 am 

I think it is time we let PIX rest in peace. It went End of Life on July 27 2013 http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/c ... tomer.html

If anyone REALLY wants PIX, let them use GNS3 v0.8.x

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

Post subject: Re: Missing features from v1.0 BETA3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 pm 

Hi,

On my side, I'm missing the Juniper part.

For the ASA, a new repack script v5, or compatibility with the v4... from my actual tests I can't save the configuration, it seems to come from there (50% sure only).

The addition of more routers (as switches won't be possible), but that's a lot of work to integrate :(

However, these requests would be only nice-to-have, the actual version is really great :) the GNS3 is doing a fabulous job !

EDIT :

"I had a dream" :)
The very nice feature (but it's almost only a dream) would be to emulate inside GNS3 switching L2/3 so you could have 3750/2960 (for example) with full L2 functions (RSTP/MSTP, HSRP, Aggregation...).
I know this is extremely difficult to emulate an ASIC with a CPU, but perhaps in the (near?) future, a solution will be possible with GPU acceleration (ok... what the point to buy a server with GPU acceleration which would be four times the price of a 2960, hopefully that will decrease one day).
Who knows, in GNS3 2.0 this dream will come true? :)

B.R.

Sorry for my poor English level