It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: JUNOS on GNS3
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 am 

Want to get JUNOS up on GNS3. Have read several posts and at this point was hoping i could get clarification on a couple of questions before spending (wasting) time trying to achieve this.

- Can i get an actual JUNOS image going on GNS3? Am asking this as i see mostly talk of OLIVE, which appears to be a stripped down version to run on a PC.

- Also notice most of what i see mentions OSX or Linux. Hoping to get this going on a laptop running Win7 with installed GNS3 0.8.6.

- In GNS3 preferences it has a QEMU tab which then has a JUNOS tab. Had assumed i just pointed the "Binary Image" field to the directory/file saved on laptop that was a JUNOS image. But getting feeling there is more to it than this?

Post subject: Re: JUNOS on GNS3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:31 pm 

Olive isn't a stripped down version of JunOS, it is JunOS. JunOS images are hardware specific. JunOS is the unofficial unsupported version that allows folks to learn the OS in a virtual environment. Unless you want to start building FreeBSD virtual machines and installing JunOS binaries on top then perhaps having to mess about with disk labels and file hashes then getting a pre-built Olive image is the best way for you to get it up and running on GNS3, which you can do in Windows, Linux and OSX.