It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Example of using GNS3 for hands on lab in training day
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 pm 

Hi,

I just want to share my real-life case with GNS3.

I got commission to organize BGP internet peering course and hands on labs for my co-workers. Instructor is also my co-worker. I went to him and asked if he can teach us. He has CCIE. We need theory part and hands on labs. He said "Yes I can do that first I have to check if we have devices needed and if they are available for us.". I said "Don't worry about getting equipment. I have build GNS3 virtual lab for our company. How many routers do you need? 10 or 20 or 30?". After this he ask me to give him personal demonstration about this virtual environment. He was amazed "Can this be true? I can save whole topoly and no-one can unplug cables! Can I take packet capture from what link I want just by clicking couple of times?". And I answered "Yes. Yes. Yes.".

We decided to make big topology and let students to configure devices by accessing router consoles from their own computers. Everyone can get their own router because of no physical limit of devices.

After all these demonstations He said "Yes I really wan't to do this training because it's so easy.".

Thank you GNS3 developers! This is great project!