It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ASA + IDS Between 2 routers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:03 pm 

Hello,

I would like to ask you all how I can resolve problems with ASA Cisco configuration and IDS sensor configuration to gain transparent mode of ASA and IDS machine. I attach picture to explain which configuration I have. I have some problems with implementation, but generally I need to have results like ASA + IDS would be transparent for flow between routers.
I see I can only configure IDS flow interfaces in Cisco IDM Launcher Program. I don't know too much how I should configure it. Additionally I can't ping other interfaces after making connection between router and Cisco ASA Firewall.
Router can't ping Firewall, I don't know why. I addedd Cisco ASA Firewall interfaces to http monitoring. I just only to need monitore traffic between 2 routers and get connection between F2/0 interfaces of there two routers. Could you help me with explanation?
I realise that I can't bring out these 2 components: Cisco ASA and IDS if I want to sniff flow traffic between these two routers.
I need to add that these two interfaces F2/0 are linked by MPLS - EIGRP dependence. I use just VRF table to change information
between routing domains. If you could be concerned about this issue I will be grateful. Thank you for help.

Kind regards,
Arthur

Attachments:
ASA IDS.png
ASA IDS.png [ 69.09 KiB | Viewed 1873 times ]