It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Virtualbox Host cannot ping default Gateway on R1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:57 am 

DirkGently wrote:
Were you using UDP Tunneling, Host-only, Bridged, Internal Network, or NAT network when you set yours up?

You shouldn't need to actually change the settings of the VM yourself as GNS3 will handle this itself, in fact the VM I added origianlly only had one NIC.

All I did was add the VM in the preferences, with 2 NICs (the first reserved for VirtualBox NAT) and connected e1 to the switch, then from the switch to router. Everything else was handled by GNS3 and vboxwrapper.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm 

OK, I took it step by step, and this time it worked. I directly connected 2 VM guests (Haiku and 2008R2), and let them use UDP Tunelling, and all was well.

I inserted a plain switch inbetween them, and noticed the UDP Tunnel src and dest ports had changed. I rolled with it, and they still communicate.

I connected two 2610XM routers to the switch, gave them static IPs also, and now all 4 nodes can happily ping back and forth.

Thank you very much for the help! This is definitely a big step in the right direction for the topology i have in mind.

BTW, anybody know of a good BeOS user guide? The one for Haiku is a WIP, and I'm fumblefarting around with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 pm 

Here's Haiku happily talking to the 2008R2 server, and the PRTG monitor via the switch:

2008R2 is throwing up some errors involving IIS and NPS, but since I'm only trying to run Radius, I think I can safely ignore them.

Now, if anyone can help me set up the networking on this little guy, I'd be delighted: