It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 am


All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 541
Location: England
I've just uploaded v0.1.1 to pypi, which should fix fix the previous bug regarding the handling of NOTE, SHAPE (and PIXMAP) items



_________________
Daniel
Forum Moderator & Debian Package Maintainer for GNS3, Dynamips & VPCS.
Standalone DEB Packages are available from http://gns3.serverb.co.uk - To be updated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 pm
Posts: 49
hi Sir , i have converted .net to .gns3 with ver 0.1.1 but when i open that .gns3 file i see only names and ip address


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 541
Location: England
taurus8 wrote:
hi Sir , i have converted .net to .gns3 with ver 0.1.1 but when i open that .gns3 file i see only names and ip address

Please provide your topology file, without it I can't work out where the problem lies

_________________
Daniel
Forum Moderator & Debian Package Maintainer for GNS3, Dynamips & VPCS.
Standalone DEB Packages are available from http://gns3.serverb.co.uk - To be updated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am
Posts: 1494
Location: Australia
I posted a couple of issues on https://github.com/dlintott/gns3-converter/issues

_________________
RedNectar
http://rednectar.net
@rednectarchris
GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 541
Location: England
After fixing several bugs and making some rather large changes I have released v0.2.0

The biggest changes brought about by this new version are:
  • It is no longer necessary to specify the topology.net file if it is in the current directory
  • The converted topology is no longer created in a sub-directory, but output in the current working directory or to the location specified by -o | --output switch
  • The topology name is taken from the folder containing the topology.net file. This can be overridden using the new -n | --name switch

As before, if you find any bugs... please don't hesitate to report them

_________________
Daniel
Forum Moderator & Debian Package Maintainer for GNS3, Dynamips & VPCS.
Standalone DEB Packages are available from http://gns3.serverb.co.uk - To be updated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am
Posts: 1494
Location: Australia
Initial tests look good (haven't played with -o or -n yet).

I do notice that you say
Quote:
but currently will not convert VirtualBox, VPCS and QEMU nodes


Do you have plans to do these? (no pressure)

If you do, I'd like to suggest that you DON'T try and convert existing cloud connections (used for VPCS) into the new VPCS device - leave them as cloud connections with a computer symbol (if that is what they have), because they WILL still work in the old format. Leave it to the user to change them to the new VPCS devices if they so wish.

For me, although I love the new VPCS device, I'll be sticking with the old method for a while, because the old method allows me to write scripts that issue ping commands from one VPCS PC, then change focus to another and issue a different ping. I can't do that in the new VPCS device!

_________________
RedNectar
http://rednectar.net
@rednectarchris
GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 541
Location: England
rednectar wrote:
Initial tests look good (haven't played with -o or -n yet).

Thankyou!

rednectar wrote:
I do notice that you say but currently will not convert VirtualBox, VPCS and QEMU nodes

Do you have plans to do these? (no pressure)

The docs are slightly out of sync on that one (my own fault). VirtualBox and QEMU... I intend to do, but was waiting for beta2 in case anything drastic changes with regards to VirtualBox. As for VPCS... see below

rednectar wrote:
If you do, I'd like to suggest that you DON'T try and convert existing cloud connections (used for VPCS) into the new VPCS device - leave them as cloud connections with a computer symbol (if that is what they have), because they WILL still work in the old format. Leave it to the user to change them to the new VPCS devices if they so wish.

This is exactly, what will happen to VPCS nodes currently as there is absolutely no way for me to work out whether the Cloud device is a Cloud or a VPCS node.... so they are just converted to clouds.

I have also begun work being able to convert snapshots, just need to find out how Jeremy will handle snapshots now :P

_________________
Daniel
Forum Moderator & Debian Package Maintainer for GNS3, Dynamips & VPCS.
Standalone DEB Packages are available from http://gns3.serverb.co.uk - To be updated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Quote:
For me, although I love the new VPCS device, I'll be sticking with the old method for a while, because the old method allows me to write scripts that issue ping commands from one VPCS PC, then change focus to another and issue a different ping. I can't do that in the new VPCS device!


I would like to hear more about this (in a separate topic). Maybe we can change something to have it work with the new implementation?

_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Quote:
VirtualBox and QEMU... I intend to do, but was waiting for beta2 in case anything drastic changes with regards to VirtualBox.


Regarding VirtualBox, there will be no drastic changes in beta2. Qemu still need to work on the implementation, this is going to be my next big goal for the next few weeks.

Quote:
I have also begun work being able to convert snapshots, just need to find out how Jeremy will handle snapshots now :P


I don't even know it myself :D Haven't had a chance to work on this yet.

Thanks!

_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 214
How to use converter on Windows after installation???
any advise, commands, how to run on windows




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO