It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: *NEW* GNS3 Topology Converter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 pm 

I've just uploaded v0.1.1 to pypi, which should fix fix the previous bug regarding the handling of NOTE, SHAPE (and PIXMAP) items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:00 am 

hi Sir , i have converted .net to .gns3 with ver 0.1.1 but when i open that .gns3 file i see only names and ip address

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 am 

taurus8 wrote:
hi Sir , i have converted .net to .gns3 with ver 0.1.1 but when i open that .gns3 file i see only names and ip address

Please provide your topology file, without it I can't work out where the problem lies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:20 pm 

I posted a couple of issues on https://github.com/dlintott/gns3-converter/issues

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:38 am 

After fixing several bugs and making some rather large changes I have released v0.2.0

The biggest changes brought about by this new version are:
  • It is no longer necessary to specify the topology.net file if it is in the current directory
  • The converted topology is no longer created in a sub-directory, but output in the current working directory or to the location specified by -o | --output switch
  • The topology name is taken from the folder containing the topology.net file. This can be overridden using the new -n | --name switch

As before, if you find any bugs... please don't hesitate to report them

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:27 pm 

Initial tests look good (haven't played with -o or -n yet).

I do notice that you say
Quote:
but currently will not convert VirtualBox, VPCS and QEMU nodes

Do you have plans to do these? (no pressure)

If you do, I'd like to suggest that you DON'T try and convert existing cloud connections (used for VPCS) into the new VPCS device - leave them as cloud connections with a computer symbol (if that is what they have), because they WILL still work in the old format. Leave it to the user to change them to the new VPCS devices if they so wish.

For me, although I love the new VPCS device, I'll be sticking with the old method for a while, because the old method allows me to write scripts that issue ping commands from one VPCS PC, then change focus to another and issue a different ping. I can't do that in the new VPCS device!

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm 

rednectar wrote:
Initial tests look good (haven't played with -o or -n yet).

Thankyou!

rednectar wrote:
I do notice that you say but currently will not convert VirtualBox, VPCS and QEMU nodes

Do you have plans to do these? (no pressure)

The docs are slightly out of sync on that one (my own fault). VirtualBox and QEMU... I intend to do, but was waiting for beta2 in case anything drastic changes with regards to VirtualBox. As for VPCS... see below

rednectar wrote:
If you do, I'd like to suggest that you DON'T try and convert existing cloud connections (used for VPCS) into the new VPCS device - leave them as cloud connections with a computer symbol (if that is what they have), because they WILL still work in the old format. Leave it to the user to change them to the new VPCS devices if they so wish.

This is exactly, what will happen to VPCS nodes currently as there is absolutely no way for me to work out whether the Cloud device is a Cloud or a VPCS node.... so they are just converted to clouds.

I have also begun work being able to convert snapshots, just need to find out how Jeremy will handle snapshots now :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
For me, although I love the new VPCS device, I'll be sticking with the old method for a while, because the old method allows me to write scripts that issue ping commands from one VPCS PC, then change focus to another and issue a different ping. I can't do that in the new VPCS device!

I would like to hear more about this (in a separate topic). Maybe we can change something to have it work with the new implementation?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
VirtualBox and QEMU... I intend to do, but was waiting for beta2 in case anything drastic changes with regards to VirtualBox.

Regarding VirtualBox, there will be no drastic changes in beta2. Qemu still need to work on the implementation, this is going to be my next big goal for the next few weeks.

Quote:
I have also begun work being able to convert snapshots, just need to find out how Jeremy will handle snapshots now :P

I don't even know it myself :D Haven't had a chance to work on this yet.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:17 pm 

How to use converter on Windows after installation???
any advise, commands, how to run on windows

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next