It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Router configs not saving Beta2.0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:45 pm 

I'm sure it's something that I'm doing, but what I'm not sure. Also, the documentation page hasn't been updated to the new GNS3 so I can't check there for a, "windows 7 quick start guide."

Either way, I'm using a 3745. In the past with 0.8.6 I had no problems saving my configs. I used a 3725 and a 2691. I'd use the 'setup' command to take me through the process. 'copy run start' and then save as 'startup-config'. Turn it off then on, or reload, the configs were present. Now, I do the same thing, and the configs don't save.

So, I tried, >edit>preferences>general and under configuration file, I chose export. Reloaded the router, no configs. Went back to the general section under preferences, and chose to import the config file I had just created. I get an error message and GNS3 has to restart.

I also tried exporting configs under the file option import/export device configs. This is the Error I get:
Error: R1: could not export startup-config to C:\Program Files\GNS3-ER\configs\R1_startup-config.cfg: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\GNS3-ER\\configs\\R1_startup-config.cfg'
Error: R1: could not export private-config to C:\Program Files\GNS3-ER\configs\R1_private-config.cfg: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\GNS3-ER\\configs\\R1_private-config.cfg'

I'm at a lose.

Post subject: Re: Router configs not saving Beta2.0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:11 pm 

You missed the step:

File | Save Project

...unless that's what you mean by
Quote:
and then save as 'startup-config'
- but 'startup-config' is a pretty strange name for a project

And if you want to export your configs - do yourself a favour and export them to somewhere OTHER THAN C:\Program Files\.......

Windows makes it hard for you to write to directories under C:\Program Files\ for a good reason - to stop users stuffing up application settings.

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs