It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is this email from GNS3....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:10 am 

my email provider says the sender failed the fraud detection:

New GNS3 Community: You Have Been Selected‏

New GNS3 Community: You Have Been Selected
Actions
Mark Blackwell ([email protected]) 9/17/14 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
[email protected]
Sent: Wed 9/17/14 4:51 PM
To:
Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.
Show content
Hello,

I firstly wanted to thank each and every one of you for your continued support of GNS3 over the years. You have been our biggest fans and advocates and more importantly our best critics as we continue to develop and enhance the software to provide more functionality and scalability.

We have selected you, because of your active participation on our phpBB Forum, to be a Beta tester of our new GNS3 Community Portal (called the “GNS3 Jungle”). Behind the scenes we are migrating over a majority of your posts from phpBB and will be sending you a private login to our new Community by the end of this month. As a sneak peek, attached are a couple of the new features that will be included in the new forum:

· Advanced Search: we have partnered with Jive Software to launch our new portal and have already packed it with new documentation, videos and content that are easily searchable for users;

· Unique Profiles: we want to make sure we provide a platform to feature all the amazing work that you are doing. Our user profiles will allow you to upload content, photos, social media connections and allow for you to have a feature blog and project showcase;

· GNS3 Assist: based on the feedback from the community we will be launching a paid support function called “GNS3 Assist” where individuals and companies will be able to access private groups and work with our newly formed team of Support Professionals (who are GNS3 community members). These private groups will allow for unlimited documentation storage and a one-on-one support experience through our advanced tickets system with Salesforce Service Cloud;

· And More: user groups to create local GNS3 Hangouts, the newly launched “GNS3 Academy” where we will slowly be launching training materials for certification, a documentation library and video repository

Your feedback is so important to us, therefore if you have any comments or suggestions between now and when we follow-up with your login credentials let me know.

Post subject: Re: Is this email from GNS3....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:16 am 

Yep. It's real. Mark is a real person and he really is working on a new Community Portal.

Could be exciting, hope you can join in and help.

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:17 pm 

Apologies that it went into your SPAM filter. We are indeed in the process of rebuilding the community portal and couldn't be more excited to have it ready for launch in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions or feedback in the interim feel free to fire me a note to [email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, he is a real boy! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 pm 

mblackwe wrote:
Apologies that it went into your SPAM filter. We are indeed in the process of rebuilding the community portal and couldn't be more excited to have it ready for launch in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions or feedback in the interim feel free to fire me a note to [email protected]

No apologies necessary. I just wanted to be sure this was a legit email from GNS3. When my email provider said it didn't pass the fraud alert and I saw a name associated with GNS3 that I had never seen before, it sent up some red flags. I was thinking it might possibly be some sort of phishing scam.