It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 32 bit or 64 bit
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 am 

Hi; I installed GNS3 on windows 7 (64 bit version) but in the task manager, the name of the processes are shown as "dynamips.exec *32". is this name indicate that I'm currently running 32 bit version? I'm running 8 3700 routers and want to calculate IDLE PC value, but the IDLE PC window hangs there and even after long period of time, there is no answer. but the program itself is working in that time. the CPU is 100% and because of lack of IDLE PC, it remains there and don't fall to lower value. my CPU is Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz and I have 6 GB of ram. what can be the cause of the issue?

Post subject: Re: 32 bit or 64 bit
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:05 pm 

Hi,

Yes, it does mean your program is a 32 bit version running.
All programs included inside GNS3 doesn't support 64 bits, for instance, the dynamips is running in 32 bits (this is totally normal and have no consequence).

This should have no impact for the idle-pc (at least it didn't have any on my computer).
I would recommend to :
    1st stop every router, and check your CPU is at 0 or very low, if it isn't you should correct that problem prior to running any thing under GNS3,
    2nd run only one router, do the idle-pc, and try different settings until finding the correct one.

If you still have the idle-pc not working with only one router, you should try another image, perhaps their is a problem with your 3700 image (which one are you using so I can test ? ).

Your proc and RAM are pretty good, their shouldn't be any limitation there.

Sorry for my poor English level