Here is some good documentation to help you out. http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcef ... torial.pdf
- Start your router..
- After the router has settled down to a Router> prompt, return to the main GNS3 window.
- Right-click R0 and choose Idle PC. GNS3 will spend a moment calculating an Idle PC value before presenting the screen to the right. If you click the drop-down arrow, you see a list of possible idlepc values. Potentially better idlepc values are marked with an asterisk. Choose one of the values with an asterisk (in our example, we will choose number 4) and click OK.
- You’ll receive a confirmation that the idlepc value has been applied.
- If you choose IOS images and hypervisors on the Edit menu, and double-click on the image under the IOS Images tab, you’ll see the new idlepc value displayed under Settings.
- You may repeat this process to find the value that reduces CPU usage the most. To observe CPU usage in Windows, press Ctrl+ALT+DEL and choose Task Manager. Click on the Performance tab to view CPU usage. You will observe that without an idlepc value, CPU usage will be at or near 100%, but with an idlepc value, CPU usage will drop to a very low value.
- GNS3 .. Cisco Routing on Your Desktop
Get some GNS3 labs @ http://www.gns3-labs.com