It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Licence features :(
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:39 am 
elac_kk did mention this before, but I have to ask again, basic features are working well (credit to the entire team), but many license features are not , like encryption, redundant interfaces etc. which are of paramount importance for vpn, A/A and other applications.

The asdm too shows only the basic license. Is there a solution i am unaware of, or is there a solution on the way?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Post subject: Re: ASA 8.02 - Good old FW, but full tuned
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:24 am 
Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 am 
tranzitwww wrote:
Hi guys and thanks for using ;))

efeohimor wrote:
Unfortunately, I have been trying to configure webvpn and I discover that qemu crashes once I enable webvpn on any interface.
I know that, by enabling the WebVPN sometimes work, but most of the times it crashes for some reasons... :(
I'll try to fix it, but seems to keep having those issues without giving a understandably feedback.
I'm not sure why is working in VMWare without any error all the times :)

I also have a "working" image of ASA 8.05, so in a short time I'll prepare it (+post) and probably that one will solve those issues :))

Any news about that 8.0.5 emulation ? I also have the webvpn problem, sometimes it works, but most of the time it crashes. I have no idea of what could be the source of the problem. I'm launching the ASA with qemu 0.11 (also tried 0.13) under Windows 7 x64. Usually the CPU goes high a few seconds and then it can work or it can crash. I'm allocating 256M to the ASA but also tried with 512M with the same weird results. Couldn't find any pattern.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 pm 

amsoares wrote:
tranzitwww wrote:
Any news about that 8.0.5 emulation ? I also have the webvpn problem, sometimes it works, but most of the time it crashes. I have no idea of what could be the source of the problem. I'm launching the ASA with qemu 0.11 (also tried 0.13) under Windows 7 x64. Usually the CPU goes high a few seconds and then it can work or it can crash. I'm allocating 256M to the ASA but also tried with 512M with the same weird results. Couldn't find any pattern.

I know I've promised to work on that ASA v8.0.5, but last year was really busy for me (lots of projects, some still unfinished)...
I have that bloody ASA image unpacked and patched, but still untested and unprepared as 8.0.2

So I have no idea when will be ready! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 am 

Hello,

Thanks for all the contributions to this project from everybody! I was wondering if there is any update on the following issues running the ASA in QEMU

1) Multicast support (for routing protocols mainly)
2) Shared interfaces in multiple context mode
3) Failover

It seems issues 2 and 3 likely occur because when I start QEMU I have to bind hard coded MAC addresses to the interfaces. Shared interfaces in multiple context mode requires unique mac addresses so it breaks. Likewise, when failover occurs the active box takes over the MAC addresses of all the interfaces, so I believe that will break too.

I run QEMU 0.11 patched in Ubuntu Linux 11.10.

Thank You very much!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:49 pm 

I wanted to elaborate on my routing protocol issue

1) RIPv2 seems to work fine
2) OSPFv2 seems to "sort of" work. The neighbors keep going from LOADING to FULL on the ASA constantly. On the other side I see the neighbor going down due to dead timer expiring

3) EIGRP works unidirectionally -- On the Router I see an EIGRP neighbor, but the neighbor will not come up on the ASA. If I use unicast mode via neighbor commands on both ends, the adjacency comes up. When using the default multicast, doing some debugs I see that R1 sends and receives hellos. The ASA is sending hellos but never receives any.

Again, QEMU 0.11 compiled from source on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit with the standard olive patch qemu-0.11.0-olive.patch that is out on the internet

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:02 pm 

Gentlemen, I solved the problem with my routing protocols.

Here is what the problem was -- in the bootup sequence I did option #6 to toggle promiscuous mode. It was set to off by default. As soon as I did that BAM everything worked!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:42 pm 

amsoares wrote:
tranzitwww wrote:

efeohimor wrote:
Unfortunately, I have been trying to configure webvpn and I discover that qemu crashes once I enable webvpn on any interface.
I know that, by enabling the WebVPN sometimes work, but most of the times it crashes for some reasons... :(
I'll try to fix it, but seems to keep having those issues without giving a understandably feedback.
I'm not sure why is working in VMWare without any error all the times :)

I also have a "working" image of ASA 8.05, so in a short time I'll prepare it (+post) and probably that one will solve those issues :))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:43 pm 

Hello Forum, Has anyone been able to get the webvpn to work ? I would really like to use it for a lab. If anyone has please reply.
Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:59 am 

jastorino wrote:
Gentlemen, I solved the problem with my routing protocols.

Here is what the problem was -- in the bootup sequence I did option #6 to toggle promiscuous mode. It was set to off by default. As soon as I did that BAM everything worked!

Can you please explain how to edit the bootup sequence?

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next