It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Throughput n Delay Time
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:57 pm 
Can we see throghput n delay time from our conf? What's the command for that?

Btw, is there anybody who knows what's the formula to count the delay time from ping command that affected by our RAM speed?! I mean, our RAM speed affected the time to do our ping right? Is that right or wrong? Or is there any different idea?

THANK U

Post subject: Re: Throughput n Delay Time
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:58 pm 

Hello,

not sure what you really mean, but if you mean the amount of delay introduced by dynamips emulation there is no formula. Probably becuase the overall speed of emulation does not really depend on the "amount" of RAM but rather "speed" of CPU&motherboard&memory combination. As you might guess this is very computer/OS dependant (for example 64bit linux is faster).
You might easily make a test on your machine - start 2x7206, connect them together with Fa1/0 and try to ping accross.

Same goes for throughput testing - just connect 2 virtual machines to 2x7206 above and do some file copying - I wouldn't expect more than 100-200kbps

Post subject: Re: Throughput n Delay Time
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 am 
Thanks for ur reply...^^

I think that way too...Well, I have to tell my tutor about that, so it's just not my only analyze..

Recently, I tried to use "show interface" command on the router, n there I see the throughput n the delay time....I'm using VPN conf with ISIS protocol n the throughput is around 2000kbps..I don't know if that's right or wrong...