I did it! I have now multiuser GNS3 server running with following features:
- Multiple users can simulate their networks at the same time regardless of each others
- Packet Capture is working
- Users can benefit servers CPU power and memory
Here are GNS3 features I haven't yet tested:
- Using PIX (Pemu)
- Connecting to real networks
Here are main points of my implementation:
So I have to do couple of thinks when adding new user to the system:
1. Add linux user
2. Create GNS3 directories to the user and change permissions
3. Allocate hypervisor ports to user (ports cant overlap)
4. Create gns3.ini file according directories and ports from previous steps.
After that user can log in to system and GNS3 settings are in place already.
As you may notice I'm not using remote hypervisor feature at all. Main reason is that there is no support for projects when using remote hypervisor.