It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: CPU Usage on MacBook Pro
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:43 pm 

I have a mid 2010 Macbook Pro with core i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM. I followed all the recommended procedures with no improvement. I set up the complete topology with connections. I start one router (usually 26xx or 3600) configure the Logging synchronous and exec-timeout 0 0 and configure the idle PC. It usually runs between 5.8 and 9%. I start the other routers (usually between 5 and 7). The cpu usage seems a little high usually at 40 to 50 %. Temp rises to 50 - 60 C. Is this normal? Am I missing some obvious configuration?

i run this program on an old Pentium D Windows XP machine with 4 GB and can get 10 routers running with 0% processor usage. Runs most excellently. I really want to get this running efficiently on my MAC so I can take it with me.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: CPU Usage on MacBook Pro
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:12 am 

Yes, keep playing with the Idle PC values. Those hex values are processes running on the router. It's just making an educated guess as to which process should be idled. For my linux PC I made a little chart with the hex values and how effective that Idle PC value was. When testing this I would just run one router at a time. Sometimes you have to stop that router and restart it after changing the value, so don't rush on to the next value without tinkering with it and really getting a good gauge of it's performance. Also remember the Idle PC value is different for each IOS so if you have different models of routers running in your lab you'll have to calculate a new value for each model/IOS.

Edit: There was also this bug found: topic4097.html read it over, if it applies to you well at least you know. If it doesn't, keep looking for that perfect value.

Good Luck!