It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:09 pm


All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 1
Awesome, thanks for the updated vboxwrapper! It works great (VBox 4.20 on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, GNS3 0.8.3 w/ vboxwrapper 0.8.3b)! I just happened to see it in the sourceforge download list, and decided to try it ... I was getting frustrated ;)




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 22
I can confirm that is working on WinXP (x86) with Virtualbox 4.2
Thank you Jeremy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:03 pm
Posts: 54
Thanks Jeremy. Confirm on Windows 7 SP1 x64 + VB 4.2. Is there any plans to repack GNS3 v0.8.3 all-in-one and standalone packages to include new wrapper? I think that it can a bit increase a community of users using latest vb, that will be great for all us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Hi,

Quote:
Thanks Jeremy. Confirm on Windows 7 SP1 x64 + VB 4.2. Is there any plans to repack GNS3 v0.8.3 all-in-one and standalone packages to include new wrapper? I think that it can a bit increase a community of users using latest vb, that will be great for all us.


Thanks everyone.

I was waiting for some feedback. I am planning to release GNS3 v0.8.3b next week :)

Cheers,

_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 411
Location: [email protected]
Hi,

Besides updating this wrapper for Virtual Box, you can also ship SuperPutty as a free multi-tab PuTTY wrapper :)
It is called beta, but has a very active development. (+ fast reaction in solving bug reports)
And this will be just another option as a terminal tool, between: PuTTY, SecureCRT, TeraTerm and Telnet.

[Details]
http://code.google.com/p/superputty/downloads/list
post16489.html#p16489


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm
Posts: 3
Thanks for your dedication/efforts.

Please can you confirm if GNS3 v0.8.4 is compartible with Virtualbox v4.2.0r80737. The host OS is Windows 7 64bit.

From the little I have tested so far GNS3 working perfectly on its own. GNS3 with Virtualbox the test setting on the Virtualbox tab(section) from GNS fails.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Hi,

Quote:
Besides updating this wrapper for Virtual Box, you can also ship SuperPutty as a free multi-tab PuTTY wrapper :)
It is called beta, but has a very active development. (+ fast reaction in solving bug reports)
And this will be just another option as a terminal tool, between: PuTTY, SecureCRT, TeraTerm and Telnet.


I will ship SuperPutty and fix some little glitches in GNS3 as well. If you think there is something very annoying with the current version, please let me know ;) The release should happen next week.

Quote:
Please can you confirm if GNS3 v0.8.4 is compartible with Virtualbox v4.2.0r80737. The host OS is Windows 7 64bit.


Please do not use GNS3 0.8.4 yet, which is in alpha stage. Only version 0.8.3 is considered stable at the moment.

Thanks!

_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 87
Quote:
If you think there is something very annoying with the current version, please let me know ;) The release should happen next week.

As the use of e1 with first interface of VirtualBox ? ;-)

Will you add the patch for to know the name of the GNS3's VM into the VM ?

_________________
Live Raizo / Live Linux to simulate networks and performing system administration experiments.
* Last Release : v5.14.09.02p
[ http://sourceforge.net/projects/live-raizo ]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm
Posts: 3
grossmj wrote:
Hi,

Please do not use GNS3 0.8.4 yet, which is in alpha stage. Only version 0.8.3 is considered stable at the moment.

Thanks!


Ok if you say so ;) ... if it is any help I used vboxwrapper.exe contained in vboxwrapper-0.8.3b-64-bit.zip for the GNS3 0.8.4 and all seemed Ok except saving the vbox.image in the gns3.ini. Had to manually fill in the required entries (0\name=ghost 0\filename=ghost ... etc).

Well following your instructions ... have a blessed day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 Alpha
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Hi,

Quote:
Ok if you say so ;) ... if it is any help I used vboxwrapper.exe contained in vboxwrapper-0.8.3b-64-bit.zip for the GNS3 0.8.4 and all seemed Ok except saving the vbox.image in the gns3.ini. Had to manually fill in the required entries (0\name=ghost 0\filename=ghost ... etc).


Did you get an error when saving your image? Can you give me your image name?

Quote:
As the use of e1 with first interface of VirtualBox ? ;-)


Is anyone else complaining about it? ;)

Quote:
Will you add the patch for to know the name of the GNS3's VM into the VM ?


I could do that, doesn't seem too hard to implement.

Cheers,



_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO