It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:15 am


All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Thank you Jeremy. I passed CCNP ROUTE today
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 192
Location: Australia
Hi Jeremy,

I would like to thank you again and your team for the great effort put into implementing, developing and enhancing GNS3.

It has been a great 8 month journey fiddling with GNS3 and reading the CCNP ROUTE Cisco Press book by Wendell.

I passed today with 953/1000 and couldn't be happier.

You may think why the 8 months! Well, it's because I've got kids, family and work commitment, but here I am :)

I will give myself a break, then I would work with GNS3 + real Cisco switches next month on CCNP SWITCH.

Cheers mate :)

Regards,
Khaled



_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thank you Jeremy. I passed CCNP ROUTE today
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Congrats Khaled!

Let me know if you need any info to connect real switches to GNS3. By the way, have I missed any video while I was away?

Cheers,

_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thank you Jeremy. I passed CCNP ROUTE today
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 192
Location: Australia
Thanks buddy.

No videos uploaded in months, unfortunately. I never had the chance to. I will pick myself up and complete whatever I started.

I have about a thousand subscribers in the channel, which is impressive to tell the truth :)

I've been running into the problem of connecting GNS3 to real Cisco switches in Ubuntu. The connection works when I start GNS3, choose the proper eth port, connect the Cisco switch, then turn the router port up.

The #show cdp neighbor command works for about 2 minutes and the connection goes dead forever!

Wireshark doesn't show any reply from the switches. The #ifconfig eth9 shows that no received packets coming (no Rx) coming on that port, just transmitted (Tx).

I have the D-Link quad port cards, so any hints would be very much appreciated mate :)

Were you on holidays? You were quiet for few weeks.

Ninel has been quiet too. I haven't seen him in the forum either.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thank you Jeremy. I passed CCNP ROUTE today
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: Canada
Quote:
No videos uploaded in months, unfortunately. I never had the chance to. I will pick myself up and complete whatever I started.


No worries, you have made so many already ;)

Quote:
I have about a thousand subscribers in the channel, which is impressive to tell the truth :)


That's great, people like your videos :)

Quote:
I've been running into the problem of connecting GNS3 to real Cisco switches in Ubuntu. The connection works when I start GNS3, choose the proper eth port, connect the Cisco switch, then turn the router port up.

The #show cdp neighbor command works for about 2 minutes and the connection goes dead forever!

Wireshark doesn't show any reply from the switches. The #ifconfig eth9 shows that no received packets coming (no Rx) coming on that port, just transmitted (Tx).

I have the D-Link quad port cards, so any hints would be very much appreciated mate :)


That's strange that it goes dead after 2 minutes, D-Link quad port cards are usually known to work. What are your switches?

Quote:
Were you on holidays? You were quiet for few weeks.


I was visiting my family :)

_________________
Jeremy, GNS3 Programmer & Benevolent Dictator for Life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thank you Jeremy. I passed CCNP ROUTE today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 192
Location: Australia
Quote:
That's strange that it goes dead after 2 minutes, D-Link quad port cards are usually known to work. What are your switches?


Got it working :) It was a configuration issue on Linux :)

Quote:
I was visiting my family :)


I hope you enjoyed your time back home :)



_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO