It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help Error: Can`t connect to the hypervisor on port 7200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:54 pm 
Why do I get this Error (Can`t connect to the hypervisor on port 7200) when I try to Drag a Router into the Workspace?

Post subject: Re: Help Error: Can`t connect to the hypervisor on port 7200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:12 pm 
Hi londo4,

I had the same problem yesterday and I fixed it changing the configuration of the hypervisor:

1. Go to the IOS images and hypervisor
2. Go to the external hypervisor tab
3. Add and external hypervisor with the following settings:
- host :127.0.0.1
- port: 7200
- base udp: 10000
- base console 2000
4. Go to the images tab
5. select the image that you want to use and uncheck the @use the hyoervision manager
6. Select the 127.0.0.1:7200 hypervisor

When I did this yesterday it worked for me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:06 pm 
Thanks, I`ll try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:47 am 
Site Admin

If you are unable to connect to the hypervisor, it's most likely because it's not configured. Go to Edit->Preferences->Dynamips, check the path to dynamips and if the working directory is valid.

You can also try to manually start Dynamips with cmd.exe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:56 pm 
Hi

I have a problem with GNS3. Everything seems to work perfectly fine until I put a fourth router in the topology.
When I put 4th router it try to load the router but then it sais cant connect to hypervisor on port 7201

Can anyone help me? I can't figure out what the problem is.
Also if anyone knows, is there anyway where I can configure switches in GNS3 just like as routers with telnet?
There in no such option to connect with Telnet.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 am 
aterain wrote:
Hi

I have a problem with GNS3. Everything seems to work perfectly fine until I put a fourth router in the topology.
When I put 4th router it try to load the router but then it sais cant connect to hypervisor on port 7201

Can anyone help me? I can't figure out what the problem is.
Also if anyone knows, is there anyway where I can configure switches in GNS3 just like as routers with telnet?
There in no such option to connect with Telnet.

thanks

Check your .net file and make sure that you have port 7200 defined on the first instance, then 7201 on the second, etc. I have had problems with GNS3 not assigning 7200 and creating problems. GNS3 creates new ones depending on how the memory config is. By default that is set to 512MB. It can be changed in the Preferences|Dynamips|Hypervisor tab.

Let me know if that helps.

Robert

Robert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:47 pm 
I had a similar problem. When i tryied to add my 5th router it would telll me it cant connect to 7201.
I solved. The problem was that i couldnt make it work at the begging because it told me that couldnt start dynamips. So i changed the dynamips exec path to the exec file on GNS3 folder. So it worked but had this problem. No i changed back my exec path to the original one GNS3\Dynamips\dynamips-wxp.exe and it works!
I am working on XP.
Let me know if it help.
bye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 am 
Hi, I have problems with adding the 5th router. I think this is because of Dynamips Hypervisor manager set with memory limit of 512. As each of my router use 128 then it is filled up at the 4th router hence 5th can't be started and also hypervisor will be using port 7201. I have tried to add external hypervisor using port 7201, but it still did not work. So I increase the memory usage limit to 1024 and it works.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 pm 
I'm having the same problem and have done everything the guy in the post above stated for likely solutions, been working and googling (saw similar problems, but solutions no help) on this for 2 days straight now and even waiting forever in #gns3 for help, but no luck. If anyone could come up with a resolution to this problem I will be so grateful. ---abridged excerpt posted from irc #gns3 --->

laiquone: okay i just recompiled everything following the guidelines of "(Tutorial) How To Install GNS3 on Centos/Redhat/Fedora", and still getting the error when adding the 7200 router "can't connect to hypervisor on 127.0.0.1:7200" popup.
In the gns3 console it returns "=> *** Warning: Could not connect to server: 127.0.0.1:7200".
I've tested with the test button option dynamips and qemu and they passed.
Used "netstat -anp | grep 7200" no output returned, i guess that means the port is not listening
I've ran "nmap -sT -O localhost" also is not showing the port as active.
Mr. Friendly: are you getting any logs in the bottom pane of the gns3 window?
laiquone: no errors in gns3 console window until I add a router
Mr. Friendly: so is dynamips running now? use "ps waux | grep dynamip"
laiquone: returned "root 19635 0.0 0.0 103156 812 pts/0 S+ 16:27 0:00 grep dynamip". I don't know what that means.
Mr. Friendly: then dynamips isn't running. so that's why no listener.
laiquone: so i have to start it before opening gns3?
Mr. Friendly: no, gns3 should start it
laiquone: should i just use packet tracer instead? i've spent my 2 days off trying to figure this out from sun up to sun down! work on it, drop kids off, work on it more, pick kids up, work on it more... fall asleep working on it. next day same thing. no progress whatsoever!
Mr. Friendly: well you were already this far before ages ago. just no progress from here need to turn some logging on somehow, i've never needed to though this always worked
<--end of excerpt--
year 2, could someone please help the ones like me stuck in this situation to figure it out? I would rather use GNS3 than packet tracer ( I hear such good news about it!) I'm using Fedora 13, architect x86_64.

I've posted this in the installation thread first because i thought that is where this type of problem should be asked, sorry for the double post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:59 am 

Hi,
Quote:
I'm having the same problem and have done everything the guy in the post above stated for likely solutions, been working and googling (saw similar problems, but solutions no help) on this for 2 days straight now and even waiting forever in #gns3 for help, but no luck. If anyone could come up with a resolution to this problem I will be so grateful.

Check this topic , please
topic867.html

Cheers,

All my tutorials can be found here:
http://brezular.com