It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to hook up a topology file to the outside world
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 am 

I am a programmer who works with SNMP and I need to load and query the devices in predefined topologies. I am not a Windows 7 admin nor am I a Cisco admin. I have found various instructions for connecting a topology to the outside world but they assume a level of knowledge I just do not have. For example: "Also, assign the proper IP settings to the adapter in order to connect to your topology". Or" "Now start your router and assign an IP address to the interface that is connected to the Cloud".

Is someone willing to create a set of instructions for someone who has absolutely zero knowledge? Or maybe there are instructions I have not found.

=================
Found better instructions at: http://www.freeccnaworkbook.com/workboo ... nio-cloud/

However, all I can do is talk to the router connected to the cloud. I cannot ping the other router in the topology even though it is connected to the first router and they can ping each other.

thanks
Robert

Post subject: Re: How to hook up a topology file to the outside world
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:13 am 

you must to config nat for outside in the router
and the rip protocol to ping another router.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm 

Thanks for replying but I am not really sure what you said. However, using the Static Routes lab from GNS3Vault, I was able to figure out how to add a static route from each router in the topology to the outside and now it works.

My last challenge is to figure out how to deal with a topology that only has switches. How to make them talk to the outside. They do not even have IP addresses defined on them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm 

look this this link topic5862.html, I do not know what you have configured in the router, the link that I have started is a simple configuration, look at it.if more should depart all that you have done in the router settings

best
regards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 pm 

If you are looking for the very basics on setting up a Cisco router, here is a lab you can follow http://www.certificationkits.com/cisco- ... outes.html
You would really have to supply some more specifics and a topology diagram for us to give you step by step instructions.