It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: GNS3 0.8.4 is out!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:52 pm 

grossmj wrote:
Indeed, oops... you will have to use Dynamips 0.2.8 RC7 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gns-3/f ... community/) in order to use Autocalc.

Hello. I have downloaded the dynamips-0.2.8-RC7-community-x86-cygwin.zip and replaced all files in GNS3 folder, in order to work properly I should press Test Settings button in Dynamips tab, otherwise error still appears.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 pm 

This is awesome. installing the new qemu fix the ping issue between qemu and dyn host. works with windows 8, finally. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:20 am 

Hi Jeremy et al :)

It has been a while. I hope you all have been doing well and busy developing this great piece of art :)

I've got the same bug reported earlier by Chris.

The other thing, when I point Dynamips to use a RAMDisk (located in /mnt/RAMDisk), GNS3 crashes and none of the settings I applied (by pressing OK) would work. It, however, works the second or third time. I should have mentioned that the same issue I had in the RC version of 0.8.4.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:29 am 

On a side note, Qemu is finally working :) I spent hours and hours trying to get it working on Ubuntu without any luck. I hope that I can jump back again into the video tutorial wagons and upload more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:57 pm 

Just though I'd give everyone an update regarding the DEB packages. I am currently in the process of setting up a GNS3 PPA (Personal Package Archive), which should aid the distribution of GNS3 and Dynamips (+ others) to any machine running a Ubuntu based distro.

At the moment I am just testing to make sure the packages that are built will be suitable for the various distro releases. As soon as this is done I shall provide details on how to make use of the new PPA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:12 pm 

Very much appreciated Dan. Tell me, when you are done, will it replace the current version of GNS3 that I get when I do sudo apt-get install gns3, or will I have to download the .deb from a site somewhere? Ditto for dynamips and vpcs?

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 pm 

rednectar wrote:
Very much appreciated Dan. Tell me, when you are done, will it replace the current version of GNS3 that I get when I do sudo apt-get install gns3, or will I have to download the .deb from a site somewhere? Ditto for dynamips and vpcs?

Once the repository has been added to the system , yes it will override the main ubuntu repos as it will have a higer version number. If the packages eventually make it back into the main repo then they will supersede the PPA. Quite clever!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:32 pm 

So far GNS3 0.8.4 has been really good. Only problem i'm having is using the "DELETE" key. Seems it it's not working for me. I tried to delete some characters but it wont respond. I have to use "Backspace" to erase. I am using windows Vista & previous versions of GNS supported the "DELETE" key. I haven't tried it out on other OS only Vista and my "DELETE" key-button works on other programs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:22 pm 

Topology loading not working when using nio_tap:tap0 on first switch port with ASA.
Example topology here: http://pastebin.com/a0ZYJu1c

If I change ports on SW1 order where tap0 is loaded last then there is no problem.
Code:
    [[ETHSW SW1]]
        2 = access 1 ASA1 e0
        1 = dot1q 1 nio_tap:tap0

Same problem is in older versions too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:37 am 

How to deploy AW+ Router? AW+ Router IOS download in where?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next