It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cisco IOS XRv Software
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:17 am 

I'm using GNS3 0.8.6, VirtualBox 4.3.6, Ubuntu 13.10 x86_64. I was having issues with opening up the IOSXRv's console window via GNS3, nothing would happen, no error, nothing. After looking at the 'console' command that GNS3 uses when getting to the console of the VirtualBox I noticed that there was a command that I didn't have on my system, 'socat'. A quick 'aptitude install' of socat fixed the issue.

I followed the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXNPheJuhCQ // Worked perfectly, just that I needed to install socat to get to the console of the XRv.

Now that I've got console access to the XRv, I've set IPs on each one of them but can't ping between them. I tried using both dot1q & access interfaces hooked into a GNS3 switch with the ports set appropriately. I've also tried connecting the XRvs directly together. Neither one can see each other's MAC address. I've tried pinging from one to another 1000x, removing and readding the Ethernet links, nothing has worked yet.

*UPDATE*

Looks like I just wasn't patient enough or too newbish when trying to get things to work. By pinging from one router to another x1000, deleting the Ethernet link and readding it, works. I've found that waiting for about 10 or 15 seconds before readding the Ethernet link works best.

-bdk

Last edited by bdk on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Since the beginning I was able to start XRv in VirtualBox and connect it to GNS3 but each time I close the project and restart it again I lose connectivity between the virtual machine and the routers whether I have it directly connected or connected by an GNS3 ethernet switch.
I have to disconnect all the connections from the VM and reconnect it again.

This has been reported by other people too. It appears there is a bug somewhere and I am surprised it didn't come up earlier. What I would recommend for now is to use the old method of connecting VirtualBox VMs, directly with the cloud and vboxnet interfaces.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:51 am 

Hi everyone!

I got stuck in this screen and it seems not to change for a while. The return key don´t even work

Followed all instructions from the youtube video by idrees ezzi

Anyone how faced this could fix it?

Regards!

Attachments:
Capturar.GIF
Capturar.GIF [ 44.17 KiB | Viewed 8538 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:05 am 
Site Admin

Try to enable the console support but not console server option in GNS3 preferences. Also are you on Windows?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:06 pm 

grossmj wrote:
Try to enable the console support but not console server option in GNS3 preferences. Also are you on Windows?

Thanks for your reply!

I´m on Windows and already tried the configuration you mentioned. When I first open up a console, right before booting the VM, the console gets stuck in this. If I close the console and open a new session, the message changes do "PRESS RETURN TO GET STARTED"

Thanks!

Attachments:
Capturar.GIF
Capturar.GIF [ 42.03 KiB | Viewed 8518 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:54 am 

When I 'Enable console server (for remote access)' on a VirtualBox guest IOS-XRv node, and telnet to it like I do my other IOS based routers (localhost PORT), the terminal doesn't appear to be picking up/sending my password. I thought that some how I forgot the password I setup a few days ago when I first installed IOS-XRv, but it turns that my password doesn't make it into the 'Password' prompt within the IOS-XRv. Here I built a new IOS-XRv out of password frustration, turned on remote access, telneted to it and tried to get through the initial setup:

Code:
ios con0/0/CPU0 is now available

Press RETURN to get started.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO root-system username is configured. Need to configure root-system username. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- Administrative User Dialog ---

Enter root-system username: bdk

RP/0/0/CPU0:Feb 23 18:20:51.855 : ike[226]: %SECURITY-IMP-4-MSG_WARN : (ike_imp_chan_open) /dev/ipsec/imp Successful
RP/0/0/CPU0:Feb 23 18:20:51.915 : ike[226]: %SECURITY-IKE-4-WARNING : You may want to configure a hostname
RP/0/0/CPU0:Feb 23 18:20:51.925 : ike[226]: %SECURITY-IKE-4-WARNING : You may want to configure a domain-name
  Enter secret:
  % Entry must not be null.
  Enter secret:
  Enter secret:
  Enter secret:
  Enter secret:

Is this a Virtualbox, GNS3, or terminal issue? It happens regardless if I use gnome-terminal or xterm.

-bdk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 am 
Site Admin

Apparently there is an issue with the mini Telnet server in GNS3. I recommend not to activate this option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:37 am 

download link is not working, kindly provide alternate download link

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 am 

Yes, XRv is not available for download anymore.

Beta Test Team
GNS3 0.8.6 on Windows 7 64 bits
GNS3 0.8.6 on Ubuntu 13.10 and Qemu 1.5.2
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 am 

The OP's link never worked for me, a lot of sites reference it.

I used this one: https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fi ... co-IOS-XRv // Still works for me.

-bdk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next