It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cisco IOS XRv Software
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:42 pm 

I have my two XRv instances in VMware workstation. I am trying to connect the two XRv instances to GNS3. I thought I might be able to connect to GNS3 via cloud, but I am not able to do. Does anybody know how to connect XRv instances in VMware Workstation to GNS3? Thanks a ton in advance.

Rinchen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 pm 

Did anyone try xrv + virtualbox + gns3 in Ubuntu or another linux distribution?
I think there are some issues with this setup. ..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 am 

ddaas wrote:
Did anyone try xrv + virtualbox + gns3 in Ubuntu or another linux distribution?
I think there are some issues with this setup. ..

I managed to make it running. It was the virtualization Bios feature.

Now I want the change socat with putty.

If I copy the path to the socket from VirtualBox and paste it in Putty (serial connection) I get: Unable to open connection, unable to open serial port.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:03 am 

Quote:
Hi
I have a problem with XRv in VirtualBox and GNS3.
Since the beginning I was able to start XRv in VirtualBox and connect it to GNS3 but each time I close the project and restart it again I lose connectivity between the virtual machine and the routers whether I have it directly connected or connected by an GNS3 ethernet switch.
I have to disconnect all the connections from the VM and reconnect it again.

I am running GNS3 0.8.6, VirtualBox 4.3.6 and the host is a Windows 7 64 bit.

The VM interfaces were configured as "Host-only adapters", Intel 82545EM, and cable connected.
One thing I noticed was that, when I run VBoxManage to see information about the VM, the interfaces changed to "Not attached" on the first interface and to "Generic Driver" on the others.

Also a lot of people is complaining about the same problem ( in certcollection.org ).

Is there any solution to this ? Am I doing something wrong ? Is it a VirtualBox/GNS3 integration problem ?

Thank you
Paulo

Bump... Please if anyone is having solution, let us know.. It would help a lot..

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:18 am 

mail3dexter wrote:
Quote:
Hi
Since the beginning I was able to start XRv in VirtualBox and connect it to GNS3 but each time I close the project and restart it again I lose connectivity between the virtual machine and the routers whether I have it directly connected or connected by an GNS3 ethernet switch.

The VM interfaces were configured as "Host-only adapters", Intel 82545EM, and cable connected.
One thing I noticed was that, when I run VBoxManage to see information about the VM, the interfaces changed to "Not attached" on the first interface and to "Generic Driver" on the others.

Also a lot of people is complaining about the same problem ( in certcollection.org ).

Is there any solution to this ? Am I doing something wrong ? Is it a VirtualBox/GNS3 integration problem ?

Thank you
Paulo

Bump... Please if anyone is having solution, let us know.. It would help a lot..

I know the solution:

1. configure the interface and ping from XR: ping IP_NEIGHBOR 100
the ping fails but don't interrupt it.
2. in gns3 delete the connection and recreate it.
3. It starts workings.

Take care that the mapping between g0/0/0/0,1,etc and e0,e1,e2,etc is not the same always. So you should try in different ways.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:26 am 

ddaas wrote:
mail3dexter wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Thank you
Paulo

I know the solution:

1. configure the interface and ping from XR: ping IP_NEIGHBOR 100
the ping fails but don't interrupt it.
2. in gns3 delete the connection and recreate it.
3. It starts workings.

Take care that the mapping between g0/0/0/0,1,etc and e0,e1,e2,etc is not the same always. So you should try in different ways.

Thanks for replying but the question was that I have saved GNS topology and everytime i start it, i need to reconnect all links going to/from VBox VM IOS-XR.. Is there any solution through which i can save ports.. I can see when i start, VM's have UDP ports mapped but I think GNS topology file (.net) doesnt remembers the UDP tunnel port..

And for me, the interface mapping between Gigabit0/0/0/0,1,2,3 and e0,e1,e2 etc always remains same.

Thanks in advance..

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm 

Hi Guys,

I am completely newbies in this post. I am curious, why are you guys interested to XR ? are you attempt to pass your CCIE SP ? if yes please let know because I am currently study the labs with INE and We can (humble) share our knowledge and problems !

Cheers,
Antoine
PS. Sorry for my English (There is nothing I can do I am French !)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:45 am 

I was able to get XRV running in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, via Qemu in GNS3. My problem is there isn't enough memory (6gig) to run 10 routers + 2 XRvs right now. Memory on order.

I'm trying to run it all on my Win7 (64 bit) desktop. I can run XRv but unlike Ubuntu, there's no Qemu box that opens (not sure if that is normal in Windows 7). Also, when I try to access the console port, putty says network error: connection refused. Console via Putty to an IOS router/switch works fine. Not sure what the difference in Qemu is between Win7 and ubuntu.

Anyone else get XRV running via Qemu in GNS3 on Win7?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:40 pm 

Hi,
how to remotly connect to the XRv like other IOS routes from lan network.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:07 am 

viperbmw69 wrote:
I can not get the VM to boot Please help Below is all I get

Dumping kernel printf messages

Writing crashinfo done!

Writing x86 kernel core file

I had the same problem, then I enabled virtualization in the BIOS of my PC. I can now run IOS-XR on GNS3. Window 7 32bit OS. I've allocated about 1,5G RAM to the IOS-XR machine on Virtual Box

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next