It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Console won't accept input
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:35 pm 
Hi There,

I have just finished setting up and running my first IOS (3700 Router), when I run a console using puttty & telnet the image decompresses fine but I cannot type anything, I tried decompressing the image using 7zip which ran fine but the result is the same.

Perhaps I missed something in the beginners tutorial or a simple setting.

Any help would be appreciated as I am itching to get started setting up a test lab.

Post subject: Re: Console won't accept input
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 am 

What version of GNS3 are you using and what settings you have for 'Dynamips' and 'IOS image and hypervisors' for that 3700...
Does any other IOS works, because I think that can be a issue? (I had one with latest 7200 IOS, if so use a older version of IOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:38 am 

Are there any messages appearing in the Dynagen console section of your screen? (usually the lower half of your GNS3 screen).

One possibility is that you may need to add more memory to your router (right click on router->Configure)

Another is that your image was corrupted during de-compression, although I thought 7zip was pretty good (I always us the CLI in Linux or OSX - never used Windows)

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm 
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick replies:

what version of GNS3 are you using and what settings you have for 'Dynamips' and 'IOS image and hypervisors' for that 3700...
Does any other IOS works, because I think that can be a issue? (I had one with latest 7200 IOS, if so use a older version of IOS)[/quote]

I am using version 0.7.3, I have multiple versions of the IOS and have uses about 5 each with the same result.

rednectar wrote:
Are there any messages appearing in the Dynagen console section of your screen? (usually the lower half of your GNS3 screen).

One possibility is that you may need to add more memory to your router (right click on router->Configure)

Another is that your image was corrupted during de-compression, although I thought 7zip was pretty good (I always us the CLI in Linux or OSX - never used Windows)

There are no messages appearing in the console and I have tried each version with self decompression and manual.

Perhaps there is just a problem with the IOS images alltogether. I have attached a screenshot of the versions I have. I actually need an image for an SR500 series (12.4(15)XZ) or closer.

Attachments:
Image versions.JPG
Image versions.JPG [ 53.19 KiB | Viewed 1995 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm 

Quote:
I have multiple versions of the IOS and have uses about 5 each with the same result.
You are using wrong IOS images which are designed for "Cisco AS5300 Series Universal Gateways" not for "Cisco 3700 Series Routers"...
Try to find on the Internet IOS files which starts with c3725 or c3745 (ex: c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T8.bin) if you still want to use a c3700 chassis.

Quote:
I actually need an image for an SR500 series (12.4(15)XZ) or closer.
Dynamips is not supporting that type of device...
Check this for more info regarding: [Hardware Currently Emulated by Dynamips]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:30 pm 
tranzitwww wrote:
Quote:
I have multiple versions of the IOS and have uses about 5 each with the same result.
You are using wrong IOS images which are designed for "Cisco AS5300 Series Universal Gateways" not for "Cisco 3700 Series Routers"...
Try to find on the Internet IOS files which starts with c3725 or c3745 (ex: c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T8.bin) if you still want to use a c3700 chassis.

Quote:
I actually need an image for an SR500 series (12.4(15)XZ) or closer.
Dynamips is not supporting that type of device...
Check this for more info regarding: [Hardware Currently Emulated by Dynamips][/quote

I used the correct image this tme and everything is working fine now, thanks again.