It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Parts of GUI unusable?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 am 

I just installed GNS3-0.8.3.1-all-in-one.exe on my Windows 7 64bit system (Windows Professional, SP1, 16 Gig RAM, 8 cores show in process manager), and the initial setup has many areas that I am unable to click on. In the main GUI I have to use the ALT+E to get the Edit menu to pop open so I can try to select IOS images, but then have to use the TAB key to finally SAVE anything.

I went back and trued the x64 bit version as well. Same deal. I start to play a router on the screen, and it's stuck in place mode.. by the time I get my mouse out of the drawing window, I have a network of 15 routers in a pretty arc following my mouse.

Nick

Post subject: Re: Parts of GUI unusable?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 pm 

So I thought I would try the new Beta, and had the same issue. But I did notice something while at work using RDP to my home system to look a little more, the currently open GNS3 8.3.1. would let me click on the menu bar once I picked the window up and moved it just a little. Then the Edit menu came up, and I could pick an IOS for my 7200, but I was unable to hit OK. I have to grab the preferences window and wiggle it once, then I could hit save. But I could NOT place a router on the window and start it to perform the Idle-PC stage. It would drop a router everytime I left click.

It's very sad, I got this nice beefy workstation and I have a need for a 18 router lab to emulate my MPLS network at work and redesign BGP. I have never had GUI oddities like this.

Post subject: Solved... Sorta: Re: Parts of GUI unusable?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 pm 

Possibly solved! I just don't know what other software was interacting with it yet, but I suspect it was another application messing with the system.

I rebooted, kiled anything that auto started (like itunes/Spotify/Skype) and only ran the new Beta of GNS3, and NO ISSUES. Got my first 7200 up and gotta good IDLE-PC, then loaded my large lab from work (replacing all the IOS mismatches saved in the project with the newer one I have here, and it all runs with all my cores no higher than 20%)

I will slowly start up other apps till I spot the offender. I think this app is also why I have cut and paste issues in SecureCRT 7.1 as well. I loaded that application next and I can cut and paste with no issues now as well.

Nick
PS: Nice update in 8.4 guys!!