It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ICND1 Readiness Test
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 pm 

Recently I had a friend (let's call him David) ask me "Do you think I am ready to sit the ICND1 exam?"

Although David had studied the ICND1 text book, his skills were lacking when it came to configuring routers. He had a copy of GNS3 WorkBench, and a copy of the GNS3 Network Simulation Guide, but had not completed all the GNS3 WorkBench exercises, so I sent him off telling him that he should at least complete ALL the ICND1 GNS3 exercises that he had at his disposal. But It occurred to me that I didn't have a monster exercise that I could give to David to test as many of the ICND1 Exam topics as possible.

So David, I created that monster exercise. I called it the ICND1 Readiness Test. Be challenged! You can read more about it and find links to the free downloads on my blog.

Attachment:
ICND1ReadinessTestTopology.png
ICND1ReadinessTestTopology.png [ 80.44 KiB | Viewed 3065 times ]

The ICND1 Readiness Test is part of the new v8.7 GNS3 WorkBench distribution. You can download the GNS3 WorkBench exercises (including the ICND1 Readiness Test) to run on your existing installation of GNS3 on your Windows or Macintosh PC here. Or if you want the full bells-and-whistles install, go to this download and follow the instructions to install GNS3 WorkBench on your Linux Mint 17.0 32bit (or Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit system). If you don't have a Linux system but still want the whole integrated GNS3 WorkBench environment, you can download the GNS3 WorkBench VMware appliance here. (soon)

Disclaimer: I am the creator of GNS3 WorkBench, and the author of the GNS3 Network Simulation Guide

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs