It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CCIE Routing & Switching
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 am 
Hi All,

# Modified on 23/Nov/2008 19:03
# This is based on Internetworks Expert topology and created by Roman and OglumAVD
# Procedures; follow the step in here; topic175.html
# This topology based on http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/iosonpc.htm except I am using real switches
# Modify as need it and have fun :-)
# Routers are load-balanced thru 2 devices, 6 routers on Server and 4 routers are on remote PC
# Good luck!
#

Topology Image;

Attached file; GNS3_CCIE_R_n_S.zip

Free Cisco SNMP Tools:
http://billythekids.demirdesign.com

Good luck!

Oglumavd

Attachments:
GNS3_CCIE_R_n_S.zip [2.35 KiB]
Downloaded 5781 times

Post subject: Re: CCIE Routing & Switching
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm 
Hi All,

Alll router have two serial connections and two Fast ether net connections.We can do any kind of combination with topology.This is created for CCIE R&S practice.

Good luck!

Attachments:
Fully-Mesh.jpeg.jpeg.jpeg
Fully-Mesh.jpeg.jpeg.jpeg [ 62.72 KiB | Viewed 18751 times ]
Fully-Mesh.rar [58.54 KiB]
Downloaded 2748 times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:36 pm 
Hi Oglumavd,
I have a question. In your topology every cloud is separate network adapter? Or there is another solution with the same effect.

Thanks

paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:46 am 
sipino wrote:
Hi Oglumavd,
I have a question. In your topology every cloud is separate network adapter? Or there is another solution with the same effect.

Thanks

paul

Hello Paul,

Yes, they are sperate network adapter.
You can purchase old PCI NIC from Ebay $10 each. The only down size that you need a PC that can support this cards :-(
I am using old P4 with 2G memory and they work just fine.
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=4+port ... &_osacat=0 prices gone up :-(
If you have newer PC, you can always use USB to Ethernet. http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=usb+to ... &_osacat=0

Quote:
Or there is another solution with the same effect?

If you have powerfull machine you can always configure one of the router as Terminal Server and connect everything virtually. Since I am mixing virtual routers with real catalyst 3550/3560 this is better option for me at the moment.

I hope this helps and Good luck!

Oglumavd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:27 pm 
I am sorry for going back to what is probably basic stuff. My situation is that i am considering studying for my CCIE. For preparation .... I was considering buying a full CCIE lab rack to hardware compatible with the INexperts topology - but due a number of things; cost , storage space, power consumption /fan noise i was considering virtualising the routers in the topology. I have a couple of questions.

Is it feasible to run the entire topology on 1 pc with dual core ,32 bit windows, 4 gb ram?
Is such a gns .net file available?

Are there any limitations/flaws to use gns to emualate the routers for CCIE prepartion lab?

If i were to use ethernet 2 USB adapters for the clouds- is it possible to daisy chain the adapters on usb hubs....that is, use 1 usb port on my pc connecting to a USB hub ...with all the ethernet2USB adapters plugged into that hub or USB hubs daisy chained off it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:29 am 
Hi Guys,

I want to start practice on GNS3 of CCIECERT (R&S) but i don't have topolgy & initial configuration of the lab. So,request you to please help me out on this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:27 pm 

FYI

It is not possible to run 4gb on a 32 bit windows machine..... it only counts till 3gb
You will need to have 64 bit windows OS

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 pm 

oglumavd wrote:

If you have powerfull machine you can always configure one of the router as Terminal Server and connect everything virtually. Since I am mixing virtual routers with real catalyst 3550/3560 this is better option for me at the moment.

I hope this helps and Good luck!

Oglumavd

Hi - question about the terminal server. How are you using the (virtual) terminal server connect to real hardware? I see in your config it just connects to an ethernet port, but whats to be done after that?

LBSources
- GNS3 .. Cisco Routing on Your Desktop

Get some GNS3 labs @ http://www.gns3-labs.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:19 pm 
I would like to try this way setup ccie lab, how if we use multiple usb network adapter, I may have around 10 to 12 usb-network adapters, I m afraid that dell machine will support this many adapters ? its running OS windows 7 32 bit, will it work, I have del optiplex 775 , it has 2 gb ram, if not please somebody suggest wat will be better solution ..

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm 
alifar wrote:
FYI

It is not possible to run 4gb on a 32 bit windows machine..... it only counts till 3gb
You will need to have 64 bit windows OS

I have 8gb of memory can windows 2003 server expand beyond 4gb?