It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: poderosa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:51 am 

there is an awesome terminal emulator pro calles poderosa that enables you to get a tabbed sessions but the most feature i love is that i can put a background picture for this program ..and it's freeee
i hope for this program to be supported in gns3 like putty
and here is the link for download : http://en.poderosa.org/download/binary.html [edited so it doesn't link to beta or old 3.0]
i think there is a stuff of developers working on it much the same way as you

Post subject: Re: poderosa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am 

Had a look - but forgive me for changing your link to the beta above and replacing it with the official v3.00 release with its self extracting installer (wasted 15mins on the beta which DOESN'T work directly from the extracted .zip)

It looks like a nice program. Probably better than PuTTY (which I've always found clumsy - but POWERFUL) and the port forwarding is a separate app. However I have been spoiled by using a Mac and having access to ITerm2, so I won't be rushing back to Windows just so I can use Poderosa.

But if you are looking for something a little more friendly than PuTTY - this is certainly worth a look, and if it supports appropriate command line options, it should be added to GNS3.

All we need now is a volunteer to work out what the command line options are.

Anyone?

GNS3 WorkBench-a VMware image of Ubuntu with GNS3 and VPCS installed and a collection of exercises/labs

Post subject: Re: poderosa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:51 pm 

Hi,

Well, that is not the last version, check here - v4.1 , and requires .NET Framework 2.0
I've test this one also while trying to find "the best" tool ;) capable to add tabs for PuTTY (topic5016.html) and it seems that has no command line (Only GUI)...

Still any GUI can be manipulated to "support" command line using scripting like AutoHotKey or AutoIt
Which I intended to do for PuTTY with a tool from this list (post16150.html#p16150)

The point is that GNS3 is calling the terminal application using command line and if a application looks great, but the developers have forgotten or didn't care about it, then that application can't be used (natively)...

PS: PuTTY for GNS3 has been improved to support specific features "required" in this scenario (Windows Only), except this tabbed window which is S.F. to me and requires a lot of recode, threads/windows management, etc... ;)