It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GNS3 1.x crowdfunding goals
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:47 pm 

Hello everybody , i wasn't a very active member in the community but kept my eye on GNS3 development and used it when i wanted to check something out.

I signed up for the the early birds package on the crowdfunding campaign and i'm happy that i could be part of this. I also want to say that the goals should be a little more focused on providing a stable , easy to use , bug free software... and ditch the labs for now.

I hope i'm not stepping on anybody's toes here ...

The main goal should be and i think it is to have a free,easy to use software ...since almost everybody who used gns3 has used it for cisco certs and/or juniper certs, these two vendors OS's should run as smoothly as possible on gns3 , all features should work just as on a real cisco or juniper device... and yes including switching as noted on the upcoming features list for gns3 1.x , so i would like that all effort goes into this (software development) and not labs (for now) ... instead of labs i'd personally would like other cisco juniper features like VoIP , Video, Wireless, newer OS's support and or other vendor devices emulation like
Avaya,HP,Dell,Huawei,Bosch,CheckPoint frankly any other vendor device would be far more interesting from my point of view then the labs

Post subject: Re: GNS3 1.x crowdfunding goals
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi TiTex,

Quote:
I signed up for the the early birds package on the crowdfunding campaign and i'm happy that i could be part of this. I also want to say that the goals should be a little more focused on providing a stable , easy to use , bug free software... and ditch the labs for now.

Thanks for contributing! Well you are perfectly right, a stable, easy to use and bug free software is the most important and in fact that was our goal for the $35000 funding, so you can consider this is gonna be done. Labs, training, videos, more developers etc. are our stretch goals.

Quote:
The main goal should be and i think it is to have a free,easy to use software ...since almost everybody who used gns3 has used it for cisco certs and/or juniper certs, these two vendors OS's should run as smoothly as possible on gns3 , all features should work just as on a real cisco or juniper device... and yes including switching as noted on the upcoming features list for gns3 1.x , so i would like that all effort goes into this (software development) and not labs (for now) ... instead of labs i'd personally would like other cisco juniper features like VoIP , Video, Wireless, newer OS's support and or other vendor devices emulation like
Avaya,HP,Dell,Huawei,Bosch,CheckPoint frankly any other vendor device would be far more interesting from my point of view then the labs

Most of the effort will go toward the software development, labs are gonna be built by another team so developers can focus on the software. I cannot promise every vendor you mentioned, but I agree this is the more interesting to try to integrate those than making labs (even if labs are necessary to at least demonstrate how to use GNS3).

Hope I answered your concerns.