It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Console port not opening up in router
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:49 am 
Hi Frds,

After setting the preferences,IOS images and hypervisors correct, I did specify the slot and started. But,after clicking on console, the telnet session or console port is not opening up.
The dynamips testing was successful. Any suggestions/solutions.

Regards,
Jen

Post subject: Re: Console port not opening up in router
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 am 
Hi,

More specific information will be helpful, such as errors messages or screen shots.

When you move your mouse over a specific router a box should appear with part of this information:

"Router's hypervisor runs on localhost:7200, console is on port 200x".

Does this appear?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:57 pm 
I am having similar problem. When I have just one router and I right click on it and select console, I am able to go in and configure the router. But when I have more than one router (I have tried with two routers, three routers etc), none of the console work. I have clicket on the monitor simbol at the top (which I suppose should open all the command prompts), but it I see the black window come up and vanish very quickly. I has error message of console cannot open on port 2001 etc.

I have checked and found that routers are working on different ports (like 2000, 2001) etc. No sure what the problem.
I have recently installed the GN3 and am using 7200 ISO Image. Also I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 (recently formatted)

Thank you
Ramesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 am 
New User here. My system: Dual Core *64bit Windows 7 with 4 gigs ram.

I was able to follow all the PDF instructions succesfully up to the point where the Console command is used. At that point, I do not get anything. No Console ever pops up. I have tried different command strings with the -telnet etc. etc.

I am aware of one user that I work with who is also using Windows 7 with a similar build as mine. He is up and running with all the basics and NO problems. I have taken his working console script and used it on my machine with no joy. As far as I know, all of his configurations are mimicced on my machine.

If anyone else running Windows 7 experienced this problem of the console port not opening. Please post. If you didn't experience any problems. Please post.

*edit: The user with the fully working windows 7 install is running windows 7 on a 32bit machine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:31 pm 
I am having the exact same problem and signed up on this forum specifically so that I can add my voice to those who are already frustrated as I am.

I am having the same problem and have reformatted my PC in protest! (Reinstalling Windows 7 on a nice clean HDD) But alas! I am having the same problem. After installing, putting my IOS in and dragging the correct router onto the board, I am unable to get telnet, putty or tera term to load up! I am changing path names, all the little switches -t -h %?. I have also used the Console button on the file menu, right clicked the routers, anything I could think of. I am absolutely stuck and unable to use your program!

If someone could get back to us so that we could get a dialog going that would be wonderful!

Softie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 am 
Same issue here!

Router is up / running, console hangs.

I tried several ports, other than 2000, and different settings as well, no success
Some ppl report the IOS would be corrupted or so, but the same IOS works fine on a Windows XP setup.
I have reinstalled the all-in-one version of GNS3, no results.

Keep searching!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:31 am 
use putty.exe for console

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 pm 
arbaz wrote:
use putty.exe for console

I have the same issues using putty.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:39 pm 
For those that have Windows 7:

For those that don't know, XP Mode is a free XP Virtual Machine for Windows 7 (No need to acquire a disc and key).

I can't believe I didn't test it sooner, but I'm having absolutely no problems with my consoles in the virtual machine.

I am running version .1 and I'm about to upgrade to .2 to see if that fixes the issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:51 pm 
I had a problem on Windows 7 where the console would open but would not display anything. It turns out if I increased the amount of RAM for the IOS image (to 256MB for a 2621XM image) and restarted the simulator it fixed my problem.