|Console to VirtualBox Frozen
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||jdebusk [ Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:31 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Console to VirtualBox Frozen|
I am running Linux Tiny Core on VirtualBox. I had to install Xcode to download the socat Command Line Utility. When I right click and select "Console" I get the following message
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
HostA console is now available ... Press RETURN to get started.
But when I press RETURN, nothing happens. It's like the socat socket was created and the connection was established with the VirtualBox image, but the host is frozen. Please help!
|Author:||mweisel [ Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Console to VirtualBox Frozen|
An alternative to socat is nc (or netcat) which is included in the default installation of Mac OS X.
1. Check Enable console support for your VirtualBox VM in the GNS3 Preferences.
2. Drag and drop the VirtualBox guest object into your topology.
3. Start the VM.
4. In the VirtualBox application, select the Ports tab in the settings for your VirtualBox VM.
5. Identify the Port/File Path value.
6. In the Terminal application, run the following command to establish a virtual console port connection to the VM:
nc -U /tmp/pipe_ASAVBOX
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group