GNS3
http://forum.gns3.net/

[ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number
http://forum.gns3.net/topic11880.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MightySlaytanic [ Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 am ]
Post subject:  [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

Hi,
I've just installed GNS3 1.0 beta 2 for OSX and downloaded the latest vboxwrapper from this site:

https://github.com/GNS3/vboxwrapper

I've updated the permissions on /usr/local/bin/ to make it globally executable and now GNS3 sees the vboxwrapper but produces the following error:

Could not get the VM list: Could not start VirtualBox wrapper: ImportError: Bad magic number in /Applications/GNS3-1.0beta.app/Contents/Resources/server/Contents/Resources/site.pyc

What should I do to solve the issue?

Author:  grossmj [ Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

Hi,

Have you installed it using: python setup.py install?

Author:  MightySlaytanic [ Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

grossmj wrote:
Hi,

Have you installed it using: python setup.py install?

Yes,
but I've noticed later on that on the extensive change log of beta 2 they wrote that OSX VirtualBox has not been tested at all, so maybe the problem has not been noticed yet.. unless you tell me you have a working vboxwrapper on OSX GNS 1.0 beta2 :)

Author:  grossmj [ Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

I haven't tested at all, in theory this should work ;)

Author:  MightySlaytanic [ Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

grossmj wrote:
I haven't tested at all, in theory this should work ;)

So, do you have any advice for my error?

Author:  knights081973 [ Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

GNS3 v1b2 = It works perfectly in my Windows 7:

1) Download GNS3 v1b2 all in one -> (http://new.gns3.net/thankyou.php)
2) Download GNS3 IOU select the latest (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gns-3/files/IOU%20VMs/)
3) run you VM Virtual box, the same procedure in GNS3 v1b1.
4) Login UN=root PW=cisco
5) open your browser = 192.168.56.101:8000/upload
6) Upload your images (i86bi_linuxl2-ipbasek9-ms-15.1A, i86bi_linuxl2-ipbasek9-ms-15.1B, i86bi_linuxl2-upk9-ms-12.2, i86bi_linuxl2-upk9-ms-15.0)
7) copy all links from you uploaded files and paste it to IOU path
8) that's all folks... epernito at yahoo dot com -> for more info

Author:  MightySlaytanic [ Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

knights081973 wrote:
GNS3 v1b2 = It works perfectly in my Windows 7:

1) Download GNS3 v1b2 all in one -> (http://new.gns3.net/thankyou.php)
2) Download GNS3 IOU select the latest (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gns-3/files/IOU%20VMs/)
3) run you VM Virtual box, the same procedure in GNS3 v1b1.
4) Login UN=root PW=cisco
5) open your browser = 192.168.56.101:8000/upload
6) Upload your images (i86bi_linuxl2-ipbasek9-ms-15.1A, i86bi_linuxl2-ipbasek9-ms-15.1B, i86bi_linuxl2-upk9-ms-12.2, i86bi_linuxl2-upk9-ms-15.0)
7) copy all links from you uploaded files and paste it to IOU path
8) that's all folks... epernito at yahoo dot com -> for more info

Thank you, but I've already a working GNS with IOU running in VBox VM. My problem is not with IOU VirtualBox VM but with vboxwrapper, which should be used to connect other VirtualBox VMs with your GNS3 routers.

Author:  jeff2679 [ Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

Hi knights081973

What version of VirtualBox are you running ?

Author:  eton81 [ Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

same issue.

OS: Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
vboxwrapper: installed with command "sudo python setup.py install" in /usr/local/bin/ path. Latest github package.
python system version: 2.7
VirtualBox version: 4.3.16 r95972

If I open the GNS3 configuration, set the right vboxwrapper path and then try to obtain the list of VMs, I get the "Could not get the VM list: Could not start VirtualBox wrapper: ImportError: Bad magic number in /Applications/GNS3.app/Contents/Resources/server/Contents/Resources/site.pyc" ERROR.

If I launch the vboxwrapper executable from shell, it runs and VBoxWrapper TCP control server starts on port 11525 (but nothing changes in GNS3 configuration, if I leave the wrapper run).

Author:  DeeJay [ Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [ERROR] GNS3 1.0 beta 2 and VBoxWrapper bad magic number

Hi

Did this ever get resolved as I am having the same issue? If so can someone please describe how it was fixed.

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/