|GNS3 IOU VM - eth0 inet address doesn't show up
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||smithjsp [ Tue May 20, 2014 6:57 pm ]|
|Post subject:||GNS3 IOU VM - eth0 inet address doesn't show up|
Can someone help please? Pardon for not being a Linux/Unix expert, but I can surely understand some commands.
1. Earlier I've used 'GNS3-1.0-alpha3 IOU VM.ova' and 'GNS3-1.0-alpha2 IOU VM.ova' without any problems.
2. Recently downloaded and installed 'GNS3 IOU VM.ova' for 'GNS3-ER-1.0-alpha4-all-in-one'. It is under Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.
3. Installed appropriate 'iourc' licensing (hostname is 'gns3-iouvm' and hostid is: '00000000', etc.), Oracle Virtual Box extensions and VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter.
4. Used this command - 'ifconfig' - to know what IP the 'GNS3 IOU VM.ova' has got for eth0, but the 'eth0' won't come up with an IPv4 address automatically.
5. The 'eth0' is up - but without 'inet' address. 'inet6' address is there and has these words 'UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST'
6. I tried all - from un-installing to re-installing everything, assigning IP manually, restarting network service, etc, but no matter what, the 'eth0' won't come up with an IPv4 address, like 192.168.56.101 or 192.168.56.102.
I don't know what I am missing. Can someone help please?
|Author:||smithjsp [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 am ]|
|Post subject:||GNS3 IOU VM - eth0 inet address doesn't show up - Solved, bu|
I solved this issue by editing, 'VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter', which is under 'Network' tab (left side), which is invoked from 'Preferences', in 'Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager'. And then finally restarting the GNS3 IOU VM.
|Author:||chaz [ Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: GNS3 IOU VM - eth0 inet address doesn't show up|
What did you edit in VB? All you said was you edited the Host-Only adapter.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group