It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Alpha 7&8 Wireshark Capture Issues
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:56 am 

Hello Gross, two issues with captures;
1. Live captures don't run in windows am not sure of Linux as am not using it. The error: "Error: R1: could not start the packet capture reader: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified" occurs when packet capture is set to live mode. Am in love with live capture than the traditional mode-which works now.
2. The default capture path for wireshark is rather too long for me. I need to be able to customize the captures directory like in v0.8x. This seems not implemented as well.
Can we hope for these in the next version or i simply don't see something somewhere?

Post subject: Re: Alpha 7&8 Wireshark Capture Issues
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Code:
1. Live captures don't run in windows am not sure of Linux as am not using it. The error: "Error: R1: could not start the packet capture reader: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified" occurs when packet capture is set to live mode. Am in love with live capture than the traditional mode-which works now.

Know issue :)

Quote:
2. The default capture path for wireshark is rather too long for me. I need to be able to customize the captures directory like in v0.8x. This seems not implemented as well.
Can we hope for these in the next version or i simply don't see something somewhere?

What is the reason you want your own capture directory?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 pm 

What is the reason you want your own capture directory?

Grossmj,
I need to all data for my projects outside the OS drive including captures as i was in 0.8x. windows,that i use is not as stable as Linux. In-case of any crash in OS i don't need loose captures of a project i have built and continue to progress on. Ok i can move the captures manually but surely it was decent setting it once.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I need to all data for my projects outside the OS drive including captures as i was in 0.8x. windows,that i use is not as stable as Linux. In-case of any crash in OS i don't need loose captures of a project i have built and continue to progress on. Ok i can move the captures manually but surely it was decent setting it once.

Why don't you save the GNS3 project to your OS drive? The captures are saved in the project dir.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:43 pm 

Jeremy, do you have an ETA for when the known issue with the live wireshark capture will be investigated/resolved?
Thx, Matt

grossmj wrote:
Code:

Know issue :)