It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: IOU L2 connection to Cloud NIO (bridge int of host) Issue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm 

Hello Folks

I currently have gns3-gui 1a7 running on windows (vmware workstation host machine) and linked to gns3server 1a7 running on debian linux (vmware workstation virtual machine) with IOU and IOS images loaded.

IOU1 - i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.4.1T.bin
IOU2 - i86bi-linux-l2-adventerprise-15.1b.bin

Please refer to attached screenshot diagram for the issues observed below.

1. I noticed when I connect an interface (e.g. et0/2) of IOU1 (L3) directly to the cloud I am able to ping and pass traffic directly to internet since eth0 on cloud 1 which is the int of the gns3server vm nic bridged to the vmware workstation host nic client connected to the internet. That is I am able ping my gns3-gui workstation host, gns3server vmachine and my home router LAN IP all in subnet 192.168.1.0/24 from IOU1

2. If i introduce IOU2 (L2) between IOU1 (L3) and the cloud I am NOT able to ping or pass traffic from IOU1 to the gns3server vm interface bridged to the workstation host nor my home router. IOU2 has interfaces et0/0 - 3 configured as switchport access vlan 1 which is up and running. vlan1 on IOU2 has IP 192.168.1.112 whilst IOU1 has IP 192.168.1.110 configured on interface et0/2.

I am however able to pass traffic between IOU1 to IOU2 but yet no connectivity to device behind the cloud (eth0 bridge interface connected to internet through the vmachine running gns3server). That is I am NOT able ping my gns3-gui workstation host, gns3server vmachine and my home router LAN IP all in subnet 192.168.1.0/24 from IOU1.

If IOU2 is removed from the middle and IOU1 connected directly again to Cloud-1 traffic passes to the internet.

Any clues as to what i may have set wrong ? I have attached int config on IOU2 for your observation and input.

IOU images

Attachments:
IOU-config.txt [3.32 KiB]
Downloaded 143 times
testing-devices.jpg
testing-devices.jpg [ 118.12 KiB | Viewed 1527 times ]