It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vbox error on GNS31.0 Beta
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 am 

I've just downloaded the new GNS3 1.0 beta , but in the preferences i get this error while trying to integrate Vbox :
I know that is an error with the vboxwrapper path, so where i can find the executable ??

Could not get the VM list from the server: uncaught exception <class 'gns3server.modules.virtualbox.virtualbox_error.VirtualBoxError'>: vboxwrapper path doesn't exist vboxwrapper
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/base.py", line 275, in _decode_request
self.modules[self.name][destination](self, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/virtualbox/__init__.py", line 751, in vm_list
self._start_vbox_service()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/virtualbox/__init__.py", line 130, in _start_vbox_service
raise VirtualBoxError("vboxwrapper path doesn't exist {}".format(self._vboxwrapper_path))
gns3server.modules.virtualbox.virtualbox_error.VirtualBoxError: vboxwrapper path doesn't exist vboxwrapper

EDIT :

I've just found the issue. the gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/virtualbox does not exist. i will try to copy it from my gns3server folder to /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages

Post subject: Re: Vbox error on GNS31.0 Beta
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 am 

i have the gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg file uncompressed in /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/ (instead of it i have gns3_server-1.0_alpha2-py3.4.egg directory but not the new one beta1-py3.4). I have an issue with permissions, so i can not unzip gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg file that have the vpcs and vbox modules.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 am 

Ya, sadly...I thought it was going to be an easier install...I was getting used to installing and running a new VM. It will be easier when everything is an all-in-one again....however mine is broken again. Which is why I'm here. So you're not alone...im getting this error with a windows version of the installation when trying to start. I see the IP:Port is running and was able to upload the IOU's.

I get this when trying to even put one IOU out:
"There are 2 clients connected, the GNS3 server cannot handle multiple clients yet"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:48 am 

saw another post...this fixed it.

post34472.html#p34472

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:14 am 

Did you solve this? i'm getting same problem:

jjc1984 wrote:
Could not get the VM list from the server: uncaught exception <class 'gns3server.modules.virtualbox.virtualbox_error.VirtualBoxError'>: vboxwrapper path doesn't exist vboxwrapper
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/base.py", line 275, in _decode_request
self.modules[self.name][destination](self, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/virtualbox/__init__.py", line 751, in vm_list
self._start_vbox_service()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/gns3_server-1.0beta1-py3.4.egg/gns3server/modules/virtualbox/__init__.py", line 130, in _start_vbox_service
raise VirtualBoxError("vboxwrapper path doesn't exist {}".format(self._vboxwrapper_path))
gns3server.modules.virtualbox.virtualbox_error.VirtualBoxError: vboxwrapper path doesn't exist vboxwrapper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:51 am 

yes.

rusmanking wrote:
You need to update gns3-server:
pip3 install gns3-server==1.0beta1

Best Regards,

Run the above command "pip3 install gns3-server==1.0beta1" in the virtual machine. Also do not run the latest update for virtual box...well if it's been updated since the last 7-10 days...it may have fixed it...but as of 10-14 days ago...the latest virtual box update broke the VM.