It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GNS3 made me mad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:36 am 

Hi

after all the boring steps on GNS3 v1 alpha 2, when I tried to add IOU device in GNS3, the following message appeared:

Server error [-3200]: IOU1: IOU 'http://192.168.126.128:8000//home/gns3/Documents/GNS3/images/i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.4.1T.bin' is not accessible
Server error [-3200]: IOU1: IOU 'http://192.168.126.128:8000//home/gns3/Documents/GNS3/images/i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.4.1T.bin' is not accessible

I don't know what to do, really I got frustrated after around 10 hours trying to understand license issue using python and after all I failed

So please anyone know solution, just reveal it

regards

Post subject: Re: GNS3 made me mad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:57 am 

You need to remove this part http://192.168.126.128:8000/ from the path.
It should be /home/gns3/Documents/GNS3/images/i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.4.1T.bin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm 

To be honest I'm also very disappointed. With all the fuzz and buzz of the early release its nothing but a carp where fixing one bug just pops another. What is it? if you were not confident you should have taken your time and then released a finished product. Do I have to be an epic programmer and know all python or other programming stuff to be able to use this release? They should have labelled it as an early release for programmers only. I spent three days searching all these blogs to get it working but still can't. I guess I will wait till they release the finished product.

I'm not negating all the good work they have done throughout these years and millions have benefited and I i must appreciate that but seriously this early release sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm 

abbas101 wrote:
To be honest I'm also very disappointed. With all the fuzz and buzz of the early release its nothing but a carp where fixing one bug just pops another. What is it? if you were not confident you should have taken your time and then released a finished product. Do I have to be an epic programmer and know all python or other programming stuff to be able to use this release? They should have labelled it as an early release for programmers only. I spent three days searching all these blogs to get it working but still can't. I guess I will wait till they release the finished product.

I'm not negating all the good work they have done throughout these years and millions have benefited and I i must appreciate that but seriously this early release sucks.

I can understand your frustration - especially considering you were expecting a final product to be released first (and not our Alpha and Beta releases).

Unfortunately - because we do not have the multi-million dollar budgets that most companies have, we have to rely on our users to help us test, report bugs, and even build the new version of the software. This means that our users will get access to early code and early releases and they will have bugs and will also be missing features.

If you do not wish to be a part of this building process and would like to just receive the final copy when it is done - I can refund your contribution. The final public release will still be available for you to use for Free when it is released at the end of the year.

But if you do want to be a part of the build and would like to help contribute to creating a fantastic and free software program that you can use to train and also help you at work - then please help us by contributing bug reports to our forum or on Github.

If you are unsatisfied with the software, it is only you who can report what you are unsatisfied about. It is only then that we can begin fixing the issues you may have.

Thanks again for your contribution and your input - if you would like to talk to me personally, email me at stephen at gns3 dot net.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 pm 

I have to say I love being a part of the building and testing phases - you learn so much about everything involved.
I'm now learning all about Google Cloud Compute trying to get the gns3 server to run there so that I can offload all the hard work from my laptop to the cloud.
I know it's not for everyone though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 pm 

rochey wrote:
I have to say I love being a part of the building and testing phases - you learn so much about everything involved.
I'm now learning all about Google Cloud Compute trying to get the gns3 server to run there so that I can offload all the hard work from my laptop to the cloud.
I know it's not for everyone though.

Nice! True its not for everyone - but those who want to dive in, its there to do it.

And we are actually teaming up with Rackspace to make this super simple (basically just put in your API Key) so that you can offload the processing power to your personal Rackspace account. No Fuss - No Mess!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:06 am 

I think it's awesome! I'm able to complete my CCNP Switch Labs. Small issue connecting to the IOU console using the Windows version Alpha 2.